Dsiware downgrade help needed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XeroLevel, Dec 6, 2016.

1. XeroLevel
    OP

XeroLevel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Hi I have been banned recently due to the Pokemon incident. However I have been able to unban myself with the method of injecting a blank nnid, editing secure info a, and injecting another localfriendseed_b.

I have a friend with a black friday n3ds and was wondering if it is safe to go ahead and do the downgrade on his console.

Will the new target 3ds be banned? Or is it safe to go ahead and do the process? What exactly gets moved over in a system transfer?

I've read many different things on the matter but I'd like to be 100% sure before I go ahead on the matter.

Thank you for your time.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    A little off topic but when you say unban yourself, 2182 is a console/DeviceID ban unless you meant the other one?

3. XeroLevel
    OP

XeroLevel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    I did get both bans, 2812 and 002. I've been able to access eshop, friendlist, and online games.

4. Gelums

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Ive done 4 black Friday ND3DS, it's safe to downgrade all the way to 2.1. Use pailtect's troubleshooting guide to remove NNiD from system with Godmode9 that's what I did. All I had to do was rename a file. I believe if U transfer a banned system to the target system then the target would be the one banned.. I believe

Last edited by Gelums, Dec 7, 2016
  5. XeroLevel
    OP

XeroLevel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Would it even be banned despite the source being unbanned after? Thanks for the tip on removing NNID, guess I'll do that as a precaution.