DSI proxy

fearlessleader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could a proxy site like hidemyass work? or using one of the Ip proxys they have? Just wondering I tried going to the site itself on my dsi internet and that wasn't working correctly. I did not try to enter one of IP proxys!

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If you are refering to this, then it should work as long as its (the type is) HTTP. HTTPS should also work, however I am not sure how strong DSi Operas Crypto is, on the latest Opera Desktop release it supports 128bit and up.

Also you shouldn't need an Proxy to access the Internet unless you are still on 56k( or just have a strange ISP). It could be a DNS error, in which case you would want to go into the DSi Settings application, Internet settings, configuration 1 (or whatever config # you use) , advanced settings, DNS Primary: change to 8.8.8.8 (this is googles IP Server) with a secondary as either your wireless routers ipadress (usaually something like: 192.168.1.254) or googles alternate backup server : 8.8.4.4

fearlessleader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but I keep getting error message when I go on types of sites(Like email facebook ect) that say my connection is not secure amd that people could possibly ascess my info ect. its annoying and I am worried about this ex friend of mine(who knows my ip) and hacked into 2 accounts of mine for revenge

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yea, most public proxies should be avoided if sensitive information is passing over it. The tunnel itself is secure, but the thirdparty running the proxy can easily wiretap all external traffic, decoding passwords, changing content, etc. Most ISP's automatically change your IPv4 adress after a little while, If your using IPv6, you can just request a new IP fairly easily. Also I would recommend changing your password(s) for said facebook/email.

fearlessleader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my passwords and I still live with my family and dont have permission to change the IP address I think I have the same one as my parents ect. I am not sure if the game system one is the same as my laptop one...I used a older computer(not mine) to set up my game system internet.and I dont want people (like hacker who knows where I live) to be able to tell it might be me

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
since most people are still using IPv4 most households and ISP's share from a limited pools of addresses(These change every few weeks, unless you requested a static domain which costs$$), the router breaks it up into blocks of /16^2 (254 theoretical devices can share the same IP) usually starting with 192.168.x.x, or 10.x.x.x, you can find your Local IP address by going into Command Prompt(for windows) or Terminal(*nix systems) and typing ipconfig or ifconfig respectively. this is your internal IP address, that most hackers, won't be able to see(unless you use wep, or lower encryption). To find your external IP address go to google and type "Whats My IP". Also if the hacker knows where you live, and has access to your FB/email wouldn't they already know who you are?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.