Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
dsbible-text.png
dsbible-browse.png

Jeremysr has totally rewritten his bible viewer because of seemingly un-fixable bugs.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see a program like this come out. Now we can have a bunch of religion bashers come out of the woodwork with their most hilarious, well thought out anti-religion jokes and slams!
Oh, oops, its started.

On a more straightforward note, i'm very interested to check this out. With all the other homebrew proggies that have been popping out, i'm interested to see how in depth of a program this'll be.

Anyone happen to know if there's a search function in there?

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Am I the only one who is anti-religion AND glad we have this?

While I don't agree with organised religion, they all have valuable lessons and having a reference like this is kinda cool, just to know more stuff if nothing else.

st0nedpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bunnybreaker said:
Am I the only one who is anti-religion AND glad we have this?

While I don't agree with organised religion, they all have valuable lessons and having a reference like this is kinda cool, just to know more stuff if nothing else.

Ditto, I'm so not religious it's not even funny, but the fact still remains that it looks like a decent little app and it might come in handy for people who are religious.

Depending on how the thing splits up the different books and such if they're not hardcoded I'd imagine it might be possible to get it to read other texts if they were formatted correctly.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
anyone know of any similar things available for the DS like of Judaism,Islam etc

Reading this whole thread I'm sure it could be adapted ... looks like the base files are .txt documents mentioned above ... perhaps asking Jeremysr politely on the source thread link above he maby able to help you to adapt it to your desired text ...or any other document for that matter in .txt format to use his reader
smile.gif

Infact If adapted for other .txt files/ebooks this could be a pretty cool ebook/txt reader with the ability of bookmarking and lookup it could be pretty useful
smile.gif

on the gbadev thread hes also nice enough to of released the souce so you can all have a play around with it
wink.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
actually i wanted to have the arabic text for the Quran since english translation is easy with DSreader and txt file but to convert each image file to be able to be used by any image viewer in the DS is pretty tedious so possibly a specific program or app is needed to convert all the image files at once and to be displayed systematically in a single program on the DS
anywayz i don't need it anyway, DS is very deviating since u feel more like playing games on it then anything else
P.S - Debates about religion are getting intermittent so better to avoid it

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be more interested in this if it included the NLT. Still, it is good to know that there are those in the community bold enough to come out with something like this.

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much Sephiroth, I've wanted a Bible I could view on the DS for a long time now! It was rough copying all the books out of text files and then reading them with Moonshell, so this rocks. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night