DS-Internet Browse

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hypershad12, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009

DS-Internet Browse by Hypershad12 at 2:24 PM (1,151 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Hypershad12
    OP

Member Hypershad12 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm here about starting a new web browser project, if there is anyone technologically minded out there, please help! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    screw it... you got one post and no experience I'd be happy if you could spare us all the burden of locking this thread.

3. Meikrekel

Banned Meikrekel Banned

Netherlands
    Why would he screw it up? menuDO is also the first project of soulanger, and that seems to be a great app to, so why couldn't he make a nice internet-browser?

4. Artheido

Member Artheido GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    No real introduction there so we don't know much about your history. [​IMG]

By 'technologically minded' do you mean people that can do the programming for you? If so... I doubt, I doubt.

5. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    menuDO isn't even out, which makes it a kind of crappy thing to use as a comparison for anybody else's homebrew project if they intend to actually release it at some point. Besides which, is "fancy homebrew loader" now the apex of the homebrew scene's achievements?

6. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    menudo has a earlier crappy version and homebrew making a new ds browser you better make one for the dsi the time to make and web browser for ds isnt really perfect time but i cant help i am no coder [​IMG]

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Here's what this post says to me: "I want an awesome web browser for the DS but I don't know how to make it and have no programming experience, so I'll have someone else code it for me and I'll get credit for the project because I supplied the graphics and came up with the original idea in the first place."

Now I could be wrong. It would be great if I was. It's just that this happens all too often and it gets tiring to see people who think that they can make it big when all they have is an idea with no way of implementing it.

Come back with a project proposal, a detailed outline, a proof-of-concept demo, or SOMETHING to show that you know what you're doing, and people will take you much more seriously.

8. ACQ

Newcomer ACQ Advanced Member

United States
    Oh come on guys! He used cute emotes! Give the guy a little credit! [​IMG]

9. Firedrake1

Member Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A good alternative browser is something that has been getting kicked around since before i even bought a flashcart. It will definitely require someone already established to get it on its feet since people always kind of feel like topics of this nature are just smoke in the wind.