DS #DSi 0131: Pokémon White Version (USA)

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Chicken0895 said:
Sorry, I really swhould have looked more than two seconds. What should I do about the looping?
Looping?

lolwut?

When I press new game in Desmume 0.9.7 in just loops back to the "press Start" page. In fact when I click anything It loops back.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chicken0895 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Chicken0895 said:
If I"m not aloud to ask for a link, and people aren't allowed to post a link, then how the hell do we know where to download these? Everyone seems to know except me.
See the file name on the first post?

Use Google.

O_0 I feel so stupid. I did google it, found the first two results to be this site, and stoped reading. Little did I know the very next result was the download page.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Edit: I does not work. I did the ap patch and I tried using the emulator Desume 0.8.7. It is stuck on a loop, everytime I press new game, it loops back to the start screen. I feel like such a noob. What should I do?
You shall wait for a Desume fix.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eckin said:
@lacrymosa967
it runs fine on Ak2i (without patch) if you disable soft-reset and ap fix.
i tried clean and patched on acekard2i with akaio 1.8.6 and it does NOT load (with and without ap bypass). i tried what Eckin says and it loads. now to see if the exp AP is in effect...

MrMoneybags

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the US version, where's the ESRB warning? That's my question. You can't say they "forgot" to put it there since I"m pretty sure it's mandated by law. Until I see an official US cartridge not show the ESRB warning, this is just a re-upload of a European version if not the SweeTnDs upload. And I'm still really confused.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they dropped the ball on this one and mainly rebranded the Euro one for the USA release... Which is unfortunate I guess. Still it is Pokemon regardless.

D

Deleted-236924

I don't really care if the US version is just a rebranded EUR version, because really, the ROM header says "TWL-IRAO-???"
It's neither an European game nor an US game.

As long as I get the NA box and as long as the game card shows TWL-IRAO-USA, I'm fine with it.
Also, it worked when I transfered the shiny beasts and Celebi from the Gamestop event, while with the European rom, we weren't able to transfer the Gamestop Celebi.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
gamefan5 said:
Saken said:
gamefan5 said:
Cbajd5 said:
I honestly don't think there's any difference between the US and EU English copies. All the things people said were going to be diferent between them aren't changed at all. There's no ESRB warning, and the clock is in the 24 hour format.

This is between the EU ROM and my copy of the US game I purchased. But there's still a country code on it, so I guess that makes it different enough to warrant different releases.
There is a difference when it comes to wi-fi. The servers aren't the same.

No.
Actually, if it is how you say, then how come you can play against japanese, australians, europeans, etc. and not just Americans?
You don't get it. I'm sure with an European game you can't get access to a japanese event. That's what I mean.

I registered in the pokemon.com and has worked in Pokemon.es

NicciN

Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
I have a retail copy of Pokemon Black, it does not show the ESRB rating in-game.
Also, why does Japan get a 12-hour clock but the EUR and USA versions only get a 24-hour clock!? Bull!

Thats ok, the EUR version has USA date format. So everyone is unhappy
rolleyes.gif

swordfish213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since they say Mom in the EU release (and UK spells it Mum) i'd say the EU release is just the USA release rebadged, I wouldn't expect any content to be different.

CowColor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how all the past American pokemon games like D/P and HG/SS all have the ESRB rating at the start of the game? this one doesn't. Strange? Or maybe its a EU copy? but i don't think so since i seen a video of someone from the US unboxing the game and playing it and it didn't have the ESRB at the start of the game but the ESRB was on his box and the cartridge.

Z

Zorua

swordfish213 said:
Since they say Mom in the EU release (and UK spells it Mum) i'd say the EU release is just the USA release rebadged, I wouldn't expect any content to be different.

Do you seriously think that they'll check up all the UK spellings and make another script?

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I really don't get the reason to complain about the game using 24hour clock?
I'm pretty much complaining that the EU version has no visible differences to the US version, even moreso since neither have region-coding in their header data.

Who gives a flying shit, why do americans have to have something "different"?

swordfish213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
swordfish213 said:

Do you seriously think that they'll check up all the UK spellings and make another script?

Can't be too hard to do a Find and Replace
tongue.gif
, but no I don't really care or expect it. I'm not even sure if other games do, I know Scribblenauts does but thats for obvious reasons.

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gamefan5 said:
Wuschmaster said:
this is a fail and bad dump in so many ways.
rofl2.gif

first the dsi area is missing... other than that it matches the european rom in every single byte.

stupid smokers go back into your cave smokin and stop releasing useless shit
Why would they release the SAME rom again? That would be useless. And how about testing the game, before saying it's europe? If you already got the Liberty ticket event in eur. vers., you can't get it again. If you can get it with the rom posted now than it's US.
I checked the ROM in a hex editor and compared with the EUR release and it's definitely IDENTICAL.
The different CRC32 is ONLY because PoleSmokers did not dump the dsi area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1