DS #5639: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Europe)

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should hope, should I choose to play this game, that it show me an epic "day of the lavos" style bad-end should Harry (under my command) lose to Voldemort.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
I should hope, should I choose to play this game, that it show me an epic "day of the lavos" style bad-end should Harry (under my command) lose to Voldemort.
Nope, unlike the other HP games (barring DH 1), this is shovelware.

Plus, Harry Potter could never meet the epicness of Chrono Trigger.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
xanth said:
Nope, unlike the other HP games (barring DH 1), this is shovelware.

Nono, to be fair this one isn't too bad actually... DH 1 I admit was TERRIBLE, and the sound was absolutely broken to make things worse (just.. no music or sound effects for 99% of the game.. They literally just shipped it out unfinished :/)

But this one is actually playable, honestly. Parts of it are actually quite fun (When Neville and Seamus blow up the school and whatnot)

The console versions are just first person shooters, but this version is more of a Zelda-like puzzle/adventure game...

EDIT: And for the first time in a HP game you get to play as McGonagall for a while, and transform into a cat! lol

QUOTE said:
Plus, Harry Potter could never meet the epicness of Chrono Trigger.
Well obviously :') But if you expect that kind of quality from a rushed film tie-in DS game, then.... you're probably hoping for too much xD...

QUOTE(koimayeul @ Jul 30 2011, 09:56 AM)
only decent HP games are the 2 games on psx, and the 3 games on GBa.. il pass on this one
Oh man, I kinda loved those old retro GB and GBA HP games :') They were like... decent RPGs.. Why couldn't they have kept making the games like that >___

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
koimayeul said:
only decent HP games are the 2 games on psx, and the 3 games on GBa.. il pass on this one
GBC ones were pretty good.
Chamber of the Secrets GBC version is one of my all time favourite game.

But true, this one sucks..

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tanveer said:
koimayeul said:
GBC ones were pretty good.
Chamber of the Secrets GBC version is one of my all time favourite game.

But true, this one sucks..
Ohh i forgot about the gameboy color ones, i liked them but last i tried they are fucked on lameboy for Ds, my fav is GBA 3rd with golden sun style, my god.. need such games again not those crappy commercial shovelwares anymore

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best HP game I played was Order of The Phoenix on the PC. Being able to wander around the whole castle in real time was great. Out of the DS HP games, I thought this one was pretty decent. At least it's not just plain horrible like most of them have been.

I've gotten stuck in this game though:
The part where you're playing as McGonagall

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
The best HP game I played was Order of The Phoenix on the PC. Being able to wander around the whole castle in real time was great. Out of the DS HP games, I thought this one was pretty decent. At least it's not just plain horrible like most of them have been.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm