DS #4883: Dementium II (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

DS #4883: Dementium II (USA) by Chanser at 11:27 PM (13,370 Views / 0 Likes) 50 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-6195^^

CRACK

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah I'm using this version right now. That annoying intro screen is cut out and got replaced with Xenophobia's "intro". Doesn't do anything but just say their name. Still has a mini "intro" though. Saving works still and everything with the crack.

Also would like to add that this copy/crack now fixes that annoying, "Save data cannot be read" message after selecting continue after dying. This is a way better release.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Thanks Brian for the info [​IMG]

I was already wondering why a numbered release was listed before a nuked release [​IMG]

I hate the fact the dumpers make intros though, it's not like people playing the game care who dumped or fixed it, they just want to play the damn game! lol

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Probably has something to do with DSlazy and possibly a hex editor.

5. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really have no issues with intros. I just press a button to skip it. No biggie.

6. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Right, the iND release doesn't have an intro and it's not trimmed, patching it with XPA's patch will give it an intro.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I have officially lost all faith in the scene's handling of DS releases. Nuke this clean dump and not the useless Venom version that wasn't even fixed properly with their patch?!? [​IMG]

I'm a collector, I collect all the numbered DS dumps, so here's how I'm gonna do it; Delete the worthless Venom release and MY personal 50-pack of ROMs that includes this game will contain the clean iND ROM and XPA's proper crack instead of the hacked Venom version and their incomplete patch.

This is the last time I'll bitch about this particular subject on this forum. It's now obvious to me that we have some total jackasses deciding what gets nuked and what doesn't. There's no reasoning with jackasses, they are impervious to common sense, so why even bother trying. [​IMG]

I may not know everything that's going on, but I know a bonehead maneuver when I see it and nuking this clean dump was definitely a bonehead maneuver.

8. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh, I didn't mean to sound like that...sorry. Just clarifying that the ind release doesn't have an intro. [​IMG]

9. Freudian Lemur

Member Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't geddit. This clean, untrimmed release is nuked, while the trimmed, intro-tastic dump is deemed scene-worthy? I'm sure in the past roms with intros, or trimmed roms, were nuked, even if there wasn't a clean dump to replace them. What's going on?

10. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    héhé, prolly Venom guys nuked the clean release [​IMG]

11. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Collecting roms? [​IMG]

I can understand getting pissed if you purchase a game and it has a dude's name scribbled on the disc with marker, but comes on, lol.

12. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    So, let me get this straight: The ROM dumped by iND is a proper release but it still needs to be patched with Xenophobia's crack to work properly, right?

13. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    In the GBA days, i came across a fair amount of GBA games that all had intros. Mode7 was notorious for that in their dumps such as Yoshi's Island, Wario Land, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, etc. There were some other groups that did that as well, a fair amount in fact. It actually seems to have died down a LOT in DS releases for some reason. This is the first DS game i've seen with an intro (personally).

But anyways, I guess some people have to tout their epenis or something and ingrain their very identity into the rom itself. I find that very annoying. While i applaud that people are dumping these and think they should get proper credit for what they do, i don't think it should be at the expense of the rom itself which can corrupt data sometimes. You'd think having your name in the release name and the nfo would be enough, i guess that's not enough for some people, and then you have this nuking which was trying to clean up the mess they make...

The only times i feel an intro is totally appropriate is in the case of fan translations or something. And in that case, i feel the translators have every right to tout how awesome they are, because they did real actual hard work to truly improve the gameplay experience for many people. Cracks i'd live with as well, IF the crack actually WORKED. But then, that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm with everyone in saying leave the game rom itself alone. If you must tout your epic dumping skills, do it in an nfo file or something, it's what they're for. And don't get all butthurt because someone else released a clean rom fixing the mess you caused or doing what should have been done from the beginning. These nuked roms are annoying for those of us who have to submit them as well, because it's confusing what should or should not be submitted. Good thing we have Chanser to make some good decisions here, i didn't even know what to do with these two releases...

14. .Chris

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    creepy cover...

15. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    Granville,
    Yeah, dumpers/groups should be credited

since most of the latest game contains AP
    they could always do this.. a cleandump+cracked(contains intro)
    something like what XPA did
    infact, most of the users will be playing the game in that setup...
    at the end it becomes a win win situation for both party

(speaking from the ideal perspective)

16. xtreme1

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this release still doesnt work for the original r4 with 1.06 wood, at least for me all i got was the xeno intro and 2 white screens

17. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    the ds scene is f-ing up. big time.

18. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    basher11,
    : P

my guess is something got to do with the firmware
    wait for wood 1.07 for r4?
    how about ysmenu?

EDIT: basher suggested to turn off soft reset

19. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    he probably has soft reset on.

and elixer, it's true

20. xtreme1

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how do i turn off my soft reset? also im just stickin to wood i dont wanna have to go back to ysmenu