DS #4691: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (USA)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is.....the (E) version came out ages ago. I done played and got bored with this game long ago. While it was MUCH better than the previous two WWE games, it still could use a bit more polish. At least they didn't screw this version up with unnecessary touchscreen controls.

I stopped playing it when I got stuck at an ambulance match. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to throw the opponent into the ambulance. I don't know if I had to have the specific move to do it set for my character or what. Besides, all the "training" mini games were starting to get on my nerves with the pure monotony of it. So I just stopped playing.....probably another game came out and I started playing that instead and just never got back to this game. I do that a lot.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually created a superstar and played the entire career mode... and that's what is wrong with that statement: career mode shouldn't have an ending. By the point in the game when it told me I beat it and was finished, I had almost every title in the WWE except the US title. Instead of continuing to defend said titles, it just ended with credits and I was dumped back to the main screen with my old pre-career mode character. I kept things I unlocked, but I didn't keep any stats or titles.

Just felt like they didn't finish it at all. I'm a much bigger fan of the career mode that just keeps going and going or, baring that, something like No Mercy where each title has a storyline tree you can strive to hit every point of.

darren in jp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its says can use card on bottom screen is that part of the game or its not working right ??
have no idea weather this is part of the game ??

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I actually finished career mode in the (E) release.
This is way better than the 2009 version. No annoying touch screen controls.
You can customize your super star and there are a plethora of moves available.
Each moves has a set amount of stat points like strength,endurance etc which you can increase by playing work out minigames in the gym. Like Rayder said, they are just completely monotonous.
Overall, I would say it is somewhat a good time killer if you have nothing else to play.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
darren in jp said:
its says can use card on bottom screen is that part of the game or its not working right ??
have no idea weather this is part of the game ??

Throughout the game you'll unlock and collect "cards" that you can use during a match. They will do stuff like cause a diva to run out to distract your opponent or keep you from having your moves reversed for X amount of seconds.

It's not necessary for game play at all. I don't think I've used it at all in my career mode.

Azlan Uchiha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Good game if your Bored
biggrin.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping against hope that 2011 gives us more create-a-wrestler options, a few more match types, and a better overall storyline progression.

It's hard to say what kind of career mode I'm looking for, though, since the last few games for even the Xbox 360/PS3 have had horrible Road to Wrestlemania modes with story lines like "Undertaker turns Santino and Finley into undead zombies."

I, however, wouldn't be opposed to them attempting to do something like this on the DS. On the home consoles they have 5-6 Road to Wrestlemania story lines you can play as specific wrestlers, and one you can usually do with your created one. There's also a side career mode but it's just a basic "Defeat 5 guys, get title, win title, move on to next title, repeat" affair. I think both of these kinds of modes can be easily duplicated on the handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...