DS #3055: Chrono Trigger (USA)

Elfeckin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thank you to every bodies efforts in getting this working on flash carts....my gf and i can finally play this on my m3 lite =^) me for about the 9th time at least...and the gf will be playing through for the first time...now she will see the almighty frog and see why i will be getting him tattood on me masamune and all =^D

Relle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
So this version freezes on me when I go to the second screen in the Millennial fair at the beginning. Using EZ-V. Anyone else have this issue? I have the latest (not open) firmware that has the fix for the (J) version built-in.

Are you using the patched version or the cheat code? Also, where did you get this firmware version for EZ-V? My version won't play the game without a non-patched game with cheats disabled, and that just means I'll get stuck...pretty much where you are.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, Cyclo Ds released Firmware 1.51 to fix the U. version of this game too. No cheats or patch needed if you have that...
yaynds.gif

kazinstrife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elfeckin said:
Just wanted to say thank you to every bodies efforts in getting this working on flash carts....my gf and i can finally play this on my m3 lite =^) me for about the 9th time at least...and the gf will be playing through for the first time...now she will see the almighty frog and see why i will be getting him tattooed on me Masamune and all =^D

I've read through all 14 pages of this (and only a wee bit of the CT-J thread) and I've seen a lot of information, but only you have the M3 Lite like I do. Which release / patch / cheat combo did you use? At various points, I've gotten a freeze of "Initializing Save Data, please don't turn off the power," "Can't find save data" (after an shot in the Arm7), and just a straight hang with black screens. At no point have I actually played the game >_<

That you've gotten it to work is a ray of hope as I curse my choice of card device!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
kazinstrife said:
Elfeckin said:
Just wanted to say thank you to every bodies efforts in getting this working on flash carts....my gf and i can finally play this on my m3 lite =^) me for about the 9th time at least...and the gf will be playing through for the first time...now she will see the almighty frog and see why i will be getting him tattooed on me Masamune and all =^D

I've read through all 14 pages of this (and only a wee bit of the CT-J thread) and I've seen a lot of information, but only you have the M3 Lite like I do. Which release / patch / cheat combo did you use? At various points, I've gotten a freeze of "Initializing Save Data, please don't turn off the power," "Can't find save data" (after an shot in the Arm7), and just a straight hang with black screens. At no point have I actually played the game >_<

That you've gotten it to work is a ray of hope as I curse my choice of card device!
I have a M3 Perfect (slot 2). haven't tested the (U) version, but (J) works as advertised - patch the file with code and DSATM (don't use the M3 Manager) or use this patch - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3786. in (J) version, if you apply the code correctly, the icon becomes mangled and fugly, there's nothing you can do. it seems that if the icon's good then you haven't applied the code correctly.

also, it seems that the problem with saving is related to an old firmware. use firmware 36a, GM 35 and you'll be fine, 4xDMA, Trim and Soft reset all work.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Relle said:
That also disables the cheats, which means I can't use the code to get past the copy protection, unfortunately. I'll try it with a patched version of the game and see if that works.

Edit: No, a patched game with the cheats/soft reset disabled just sticks me with a white screen when the game loads.
Sure you can't use cheat codes but you can patch your dump with narin's code and cracker patch.
Try to apply this patch.
rolleyes.gif

shiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am still a sad panda
frown.gif
With Sakura +cheat.db it does not work either. Is there anyone able to fully play Chrono Trigger (J) or (USA) with a M3 Real? I'd do biiiig puppy eyes for an idiot's guy how this has been done. Exactly. Last thing I tried was use latest Sakura, empty the provided cheats directory and overwrote the /system/cheat.db with the newest one from the cheats db and selected it in Sakura. Then (obviously) I selected the M3 Real patch from the List only to run in an unloadable Screen. Out of sheer desperation i checked the second tick where it says Non-M3 Real only to be able to play but hang on the portal again.

/cry

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having trouble getting this to work. I've patched this with the patch which supposedly was released with the ROM, as well with the one listed a post or two above this one (it brought the ROM size lower, right?). The former gives infinite save generation screens, while the latter froze during the end of the intro movie, as well before I could control Crono in his home. Have yet to try the original, knowing of the bug. I'm using a SuperCard ONE.

Any advice? I'd try the cheat codes, but isn't Narin's patch just that, only applied by force. That, and SuperCard is kinda a pain to get codes working for laziness moreso but still

enigmak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Still can't get this to work with the G6 Flash, I've tried all the available 1-click patching software for the game, but nothing seems to work. Only with the M3 patcher I was able to advance up to the time portal where it remained stuck. Is there anyone here with a G6 Slot-2 card that bypassed the problems?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shiv said:
I am still a sad panda
frown.gif
With Sakura +cheat.db it does not work either. Is there anyone able to fully play Chrono Trigger (J) or (USA) with a M3 Real? I'd do biiiig puppy eyes for an idiot's guy how this has been done. Exactly. Last thing I tried was use latest Sakura, empty the provided cheats directory and overwrote the /system/cheat.db with the newest one from the cheats db and selected it in Sakura. Then (obviously) I selected the M3 Real patch from the List only to run in an unloadable Screen. Out of sheer desperation i checked the second tick where it says Non-M3 Real only to be able to play but hang on the portal again.
shiv, did you remember to turn on the Cheat Switch after selecting the M3 Real/Sakura version of the code? Set it to "Always On". I told a friend exactly to do and she couldn't get it to work for hours until I went over to her place and found that she didn't turn the cheat switch on
tongue.gif
D'oh!

misterwuggles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working on my G6 Lite by shoving Narin's code into it with DSATM and burning it in safe mode. Unfortunately that seems to break the built-in soft reset, and you of course can't use the G6's soft reset in safe mode. Annoys me to no end, but at least it works so far. I'm only up to the prison though, so I suppose it's possible that it won't retain its current state of workiness.

Kniteshade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys, I've made a thread for people that can't get it to work on their N-Card, DSLinker, other clones, etc.

QUOTE said:
I have an Ncard clone, and I'm kinda unclear as to how to patch this sucka, can anyone gimmie a quick run through?

QUOTEdoes anyone know how to get it to run on an DS Linker?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119054

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Success!

Got it working on the R4DS (v1.18)

Used patch from post #211 on US version, then loaded up the smaller file (83.89mb) onto the R4.

Copied over my saved game I created, right before I got to the transport station.

Started game and got past the transport freeze without a problem. Score.

edited to add: Original file was not trimmed, don't know if that matters or not.

Goobaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm well-acquainted with the copy ordeal, but I have a related question. I can confirm that the cheat does work with an R4DS. But it freezes for me at random intervals, but NEVER at the two points where the copy-protection is supposed to kick-in. This tells me that the problem is elsewhere, so my question is, would it be safe to assume that now is a good time to jump ship to a different flashcart? Or is it just that my particular R4 is crappy? My guess is the former, but I'd hoped for some extra input.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goobaman said:
Alright, I'm well-acquainted with the copy ordeal, but I have a related question. I can confirm that the cheat does work with an R4DS. But it freezes for me at random intervals, but NEVER at the two points where the copy-protection is supposed to kick-in. This tells me that the problem is elsewhere, so my question is, would it be safe to assume that now is a good time to jump ship to a different flashcart? Or is it just that my particular R4 is crappy? My guess is the former, but I'd hoped for some extra input.
Unless you are going to buy a DSi in the VERY near future, I would definitely buy a new flashcard. As a recommendation I would get an Acekard 2 from Dealextreme for $12.

On topic - Almost completed all the side quests, any one know where to find lumicite?

beethy

Trophies
XP
Country
Goobaman said:

I've owned my R4 for over 2 years now..... and it's never had any problems or issues other than the problems everyone has (Like some of the Castlevania titles) ..
Chrono Trigger works wonderfully on my R4, not a single crash or issue.
The problem with you may be your particular version of the R4.... out of date firmware or a faulty mini SD card.
Dig up another mini SD card somewhere, preferably one of good quality(brand)... and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol