DS #3055: Chrono Trigger (USA)

shiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Sakura 1.12+1 with a clean, unpatched ROM, Narin's cheat file and J Release. Didn't try that combination yet. Will try. Thanks for the idea.

zooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work on CycloDS, even with XPA's re-released patch
frown.gif
Shame since usually the CycloDS will run anything..

I'll have to try those cheats, hopefully someone will release a proper fix for it soon.

GizmoDuck

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
On my G6 Real, I am experiencing a black screen every time I head downstairs from my bedroom and my mother asks me to give a name to Lucca. Not sure what's going on. I have entered Narin's code and activated it on my card.
huh.gif

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
zooo said:
Doesn't work on CycloDS, even with XPA's re-released patch
frown.gif
Shame since usually the CycloDS will run anything..

I'll have to try those cheats, hopefully someone will release a proper fix for it soon.

DONT use the patch with CycloDS
just use the code in the new cheat DB

also
for other cards
if the patch will NOT work for you
use a CLEAN rom
and
try just use the code in the new cheat DB

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
square blog + people who own the physical game. its the same with jap + usa version, the rom has MORE copy protections that the ones public. i hope they do this with more games cos sales are dropping big since everybody buys flashcards for $20. nice move by square

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Missing what exactly?

All the extra grey plastic? The large cartridge circuit board? Something more? What?

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
there is a long list with whats missing and not available in the rom of chrono trigger J and U, i will translate the japanese blog entry later when i have time

toitoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Strange, but it works fine on m3simply(r4) without any patch.
No other game on NDS gave me such feeling. Great memories.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kingkong said:
square blog + people who own the physical game. its the same with jap + usa version, the rom has MORE copy protections that the ones public. i hope they do this with more games cos sales are dropping big since everybody buys flashcards for $20. nice move by square
QUOTE(kingkong @ Nov 27 2008, 07:21 AM) there is a long list with whats missing and not available in the rom of chrono trigger J and U, i will translate the japanese blog entry later when i have time
I searched all over for this Square blog and couldn't find it. All I found were Japanese blogs where people were talking about how Narin had already broken the anti-piracy measures placed on the game.

Post the link and let us translate it for ourselves if there really is one.

pelt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Densetsu3000 said:
kingkong said:
QUOTE(kingkong @ Nov 27 2008, 07:21 AM) there is a long list with whats missing and not available in the rom of chrono trigger J and U, i will translate the japanese blog entry later when i have time
I searched all over for this Square blog and couldn't find it. All I found were Japanese blogs where people were talking about how Narin had already broken the anti-piracy measures placed on the game.

Post the link and let us translate it for ourselves if there really is one.

So I guess it's just a bunch of crap?

Anyway, I checked the whole topic, but are there any differences between U en J versions? Font or translation for example?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The CycloDS has just had a small firmware patch (we're up to 1.51 now) to add compatibility for four more games..this one included. Woot!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
captain obvious to the rescue: the guy's full of crap.
QUOTE(pelt @ Nov 27 2008, 09:48 AM) So I guess it's just a bunch of crap?

Anyway, I checked the whole topic, but are there any differences between U en J versions? Font or translation for example?
I know it's a bunch of crap, I just like calling people out and giving them a chance to redeem themselves
tongue.gif

On topic: As far as I know, the U and J versions are identical. The only difference with the U version is that it's English-only (you can't switch to Japanese).

zooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
The CycloDS has just had a small firmware patch (we're up to 1.51 now) to add compatibility for four more games..this one included. Woot!

The CycloDS page mentioning this patch has Chrono Trigger down as 3054
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...