Hardware drivers not digitally signed?? tried everything... help!

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I looked up tutorials on how to turn signature signing off.. I tried doing it through the administrated command line and it reads on the cmd that it was successful but, when I reset my pc and I boot up the device manager to install my mediatek drivers, I still got the error that it was not digitally signed...

then I tried doing it through reset+shift troubleshooting... I reset my pc with digital sign off and it still gave me this same fucking error... do I have to cut off an arm and a leg to restore my kindle fire hd 7???

edit: on windows 10 64 bit btw...

Last edited by DarkRioru,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I used the ones for windows 10... idk if drivers for windows 7/8/8.1 would work on windows 10...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already have the latest kindle drivers... I need these goddamn mediatek drivers to work so I can unbrick my fucking tablet...

I used the ones for windows 10... idk if drivers for windows 7/8/8.1 would work on windows 10...

I already have the latest kindle drivers... I need these goddamn mediatek drivers to work so I can unbrick my fucking tablet...
I opened up my kindle and unplugged the battery and then plugged the fastboot cable into it and I look into the devce manager as it starts to download mediatek preloader usb vcom (android) (com4) but, the mtkxx driver is nowhere to be found... the driver that was installed activates then deactivates... I tried installing and uninstalling the driver multiple times but, no dice...

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't you use a VM as a temporary measure and add the hardware/drivers for the device to the VM? Or find a friend or an internet cafe that is running windows 7 or older and install the drivers and/or un-brick your device there? There used to be a few places where you could legally download original ISO files for Windows 7. If you still can you could load the ISO file up in the VM and run it as a trial with no serial entered. AFAIK VirtualBox will allow the installation of USB drivers without them having to be installed on the host machine so you should be good to go.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum.