drivers not digitally signed?? tried everything... help!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by DarkRioru, Oct 30, 2016.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I looked up tutorials on how to turn signature signing off.. I tried doing it through the administrated command line and it reads on the cmd that it was successful but, when I reset my pc and I boot up the device manager to install my mediatek drivers, I still got the error that it was not digitally signed...

then I tried doing it through reset+shift troubleshooting... I reset my pc with digital sign off and it still gave me this same fucking error... do I have to cut off an arm and a leg to restore my kindle fire hd 7???

edit: on windows 10 64 bit btw...

Last edited by DarkRioru, Oct 30, 2016
  2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
  3. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I used the ones for windows 10... idk if drivers for windows 7/8/8.1 would work on windows 10...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I already have the latest kindle drivers... I need these goddamn mediatek drivers to work so I can unbrick my fucking tablet...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I opened up my kindle and unplugged the battery and then plugged the fastboot cable into it and I look into the devce manager as it starts to download mediatek preloader usb vcom (android) (com4) but, the mtkxx driver is nowhere to be found... the driver that was installed activates then deactivates... I tried installing and uninstalling the driver multiple times but, no dice...

4. ILuvGames

ILuvGames GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    London
    Couldn't you use a VM as a temporary measure and add the hardware/drivers for the device to the VM? Or find a friend or an internet cafe that is running windows 7 or older and install the drivers and/or un-brick your device there? There used to be a few places where you could legally download original ISO files for Windows 7. If you still can you could load the ISO file up in the VM and run it as a trial with no serial entered. AFAIK VirtualBox will allow the installation of USB drivers without them having to be installed on the host machine so you should be good to go.

Last edited by ILuvGames, Oct 31, 2016