Hacking Downsides to hacking Vita?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quickly chiming in to say: please, PLEASE stop recommending autoplugin. First of all its developer is a certified idiot of humongous proportions who astroturfs his own horribly put together bullshit by using endless shill accounts which go quiet as soon as someone points them out (although new ones pop up like weeds in a flower bed), but most important of all is that if anything at all goes wrong when using autoplugin, it's anyone's guess as to what exactly happened and the user doesn't know anything other than "I ran autoplugin and nothing works anymore".

Just follow vita.hacks.guide, every step is explained in detail and you actually learn how it all works along the way. If you run into trouble, all you need to do is say "I got stuck at step x, what do".

I didn't know that about the creator of autoplugin, but i mean i love it, it's pretty simple to use, much better than having to transfer through pc, I've never had any problems with autoplugin, but i can see how some people may have trouble with it.
I still recommend it over any other way of installing plugins though, it's made setting up vitas a snap.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to justify pirating whatsoever, I'm simply stating the reason piracy even exists, and how to get rid of it, and piracy wouldn't be the only thing it solves either, ridding the world of poverty would solve alot of problems the world faces.

Not going to happen, the people in the US who have guns and don't like paying taxes will stand in the way.

I really don't care, my issue was about those that justify it as if it's some kind of moral right. It's important that people understand the difference between right and wrong, even if they choose to do something that is wrong.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to happen, the people in the US who have guns and don't like paying taxes will stand in the way.

I really don't care, my issue was about those that justify it as if it's some kind of moral right. It's important that people understand the difference between right and wrong, even if they choose to do something that is wrong.

I don't think so, i think eventually humanity will find it's way.

And true but right and wrong isn't always synonymous with legal/illegal.

What's right for the spider is wrong for the fly and all that.

Reactions: CTR640

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same could be said for the game companies selling us a game multiple times, so who cares if we pirate a few games here and there, we're not all rich and can't buy a game multiple times, that's why i pirate alot of psp/ps1 games from pkgj, because I've paid for it in the past and I'm not going to pay for it again. As for vita games, i can understand why so many people want to get a few games for free, heck I'll admit I've pirated a few vita games since i was injured and lost my job, but so what? Who cares? Game companies screw us over all the time with their greedy cash grab practices, surely a few pirated games here and there won't make a dent in their billion dollar industry.
As for the morality of piracy it's a matter of perspective, sure game devs lose some money, but some people can't afford to buy games constantly, thank God if you can, but alot of the world sadly isn't as fortunate, so i can understand why piracy is wanted and even sought after. Poverty creates demand for piracy so until we all get off our asses and do something about poverty, piracy will always be inevitable. If people could afford games, piracy would not even be an option.
Not to mention about the quality of their games. I made a big mistake buying 'The Crew' From Ubisoft. That game is riddled with Denuvo and Ubisoft also being a very lazy company. That game ran like shit on my pc despite exceeding the system requirenments. And then EA, we all know how worse EA has become and has gone way too far to make the govs step in. I'm very glad I didn't buy their NFS Payback. Game is shit. If companies want to earn money, then they should make them better and more optimized and not asking for ridicolous prices and not releasing half-assed games or games with hidden dlc's and paying money to "unlock" the line inside the dlc. So, money is spend better on something else than spending it on lazy companies/publishers.

Last edited by CTR640,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I think this sums it up pretty nicely.

Do what you will. But hiding behind excuses like discontinued games, trying before buying, high prices in X country, and other reasons, while they might be a legitimate problem, does not justify or make piracy ok.

I pirate, and I assume 99% of the people here do. But let’s not hide behind the delusion that it’s fine to do so.

Even if company X are theives by some means, retaliating with piracy doesn’t make it ok. You guys realize Robin Hood, who’s whole thing is having good morals by doing what he is doing, is still a their.

If you want to pirate, pirate. Just don’t make it sound like it’s ok to make yourself feel better lol

Last edited by Madridi,
Reactions: smf

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this sums it up pretty nicely.

Do what you will. But hiding behind excuses like discontinued games, trying before buying, high prices in X country, and other reasons, while they might be a legitimate problem, does not justify or make piracy ok.

I pirate, and I assume 99% of the people here do. But let’s not hide behind the delusion that it’s fine to do so.

Even if company X are theives by some means, retaliating with piracy doesn’t make it ok. You guys realize Robin Hood, who’s whole thing is having good morals by doing what he is doing, is still a their.

If you want to pirate, pirate. Just don’t make it sound like it’s ok to make yourself feel better lol

Noone is using these reasons to hide behind, or justify piracy, or say that it is right or wrong, we just simply stated reasons for why piracy exists and is sought after.

And robin hood stole what was already stolen he just gave it back to who it was stolen from first.
He was a thief to the rich but a hero to the poor so again it's a matter of perspective like i said before.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Noone is using these reasons to hide behind, or justify piracy, or say that it is right or wrong, we just simply stated reasons for why piracy exists and is sought after.

And robin hood stole what was already stolen he just gave it back to who it was stolen from first.
He was a thief to the rich but a hero to the poor so again it's a matter of perspective like i said before.
That wasn’t directed to you because it wasn’t what you were saying, but others ARE trying to justify it.

And Robin Hood’s tale differs from one source to the other, or rather, one era to the other. But it centered around “stealing from the rich to give to the poor”. Taking back whatever the rich stole isn’t a part of it.

Reactions: smf

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That wasn’t directed to you because it wasn’t what you were saying, but others ARE trying to justify it.

And Robin Hood’s tale differs from one source to the other, or rather, one era to the other. But it centered around “stealing from the rich to give to the poor”. Taking back whatever the rich stole isn’t a part of it.
Me? :P It may sounds like I'm defending it. Sometimes these idiotic companies needs to get their shit together and stop using DRM that affects performance or cause troubles for the legit buyers and I'm only talking about Ubisoft as I got the worst experience with it. CP Project Red proves it, if you deliver good games and not riddle your games with shitton of drm, it will sell itself. Of course I'm no better than those shits using tons of drm and EA tactics

The Robin Hood tales indeed differs from each other and I don't like the middle ages movies/games lol. Although the cartoon version of it is pretty nice but that's been long time ago. I may pirate it to watch it :P

Last edited by CTR640,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Me? :P It may sounds like I'm defending it. Sometimes these idiotic companies needs to get their shit together and stop using DRM that affects performance or cause troubles for the legit buyers and I'm only talking about Ubisoft as I got the worst experience with it. CP Project Red proves it, if you deliver good games and not riddle your games with shitton of drm, it will sell itself. Of course I'm no better than those shits using tons of drm and EA tactics

The Robin Hood tales indeed differs from each other and I don't like the middle ages movies/games lol. Although the cartoon version of it is pretty nice but that's been long time ago. I may pirate it to watch it :P
I didn’t want to call out anyone by name, but yeah sure :)

Everything you are saying is legitimate. Gaming is not like how it used to be, with all of these non complete games with dlc released, loot boxes, and shit like that. I am not even going to state how corrupt companies like Sony or Nintendo are.

That said though, it doesn’t justify piracy. There is just no way around justifying that, regardless of our reasons.

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use Adrenaline to run Ps1/PSP games I already have installed from PSN ?

Also are there any added benefits performance wise, etc or is it mostly just to get the sweet OG PSP menu back? Gotta admit that is pretty cool, and I prefer that style to Vita's OS personally haha... PSP's looks a lot like PS3/PS4's.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn’t want to call out anyone by name, but yeah sure :)

Everything you are saying is legitimate. Gaming is not like how it used to be, with all of these non complete games with dlc released, loot boxes, and shit like that. I am not even going to state how corrupt companies like Sony or Nintendo are.

That said though, it doesn’t justify piracy. There is just no way around justifying that, regardless of our reasons.
You made me finally found the word I was trying to get it before this pretty useless discussion started: deserving. Ugh, that's what I was trying to get! Not that "justify" bullshit. Exactly as you said, the gaming has been screwed big time due to the corporate greed: non-finished games, lootboxes and for some games the microtransactions have destroyed it. One of them is EA, they don't deserve our money as they've gone too far. It doesn't justify the piracy obviously but those scumbags doesn't deserve our money to feed their greed to fuck it up more.

Can I use Adrenaline to run Ps1/PSP games I already have installed from PSN ?

Also are there any added benefits performance wise, etc or is it mostly just to get the sweet OG PSP menu back? Gotta admit that is pretty cool, and I prefer that style to Vita's OS personally haha... PSP's looks a lot like PS3/PS4's.
PSP games from PSN are opened with the psvita's PSP emulator. The PSP iso's and PSP from PSN are different from each other in terms of formats.

Last edited by CTR640,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple