Download files to (SD) memory card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dbkdbk2, May 29, 2016.

1. dbkdbk2
    OP

dbkdbk2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    I can't use my computer's SD card reader. Is it possible to use the Wii U to send things to the SD card over the network? I have HBL on the SD card, so that might help?

I can use someone else's laptop to transfer some files. But it would be interesting to see if there's some hacky solution to my problem that uses the Wii U and doesn't involve borrowing any additional hardware.

2. Sno0t

Sno0t GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    FtpiiU could help:)

3. dbkdbk2
    OP

dbkdbk2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Thanks, I'll ask a friend to add ftpiiu to the SD card.

But that involves "borrowing hardware", any idea of how I could launch ftpiiu without the files already on the memory card? (Just curious)

4. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Smartphone?

5. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    How would you launch software from the SD card that isnt on the SD card?

Just buy an SD reader, theyre like $3

6. dbkdbk2
    OP

dbkdbk2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    No SD card slot

I've got one coming in a few days. I don't need it now, I was just wondering if there were any other solutions.

Loadiine GX2 can download game covers, so there must be a way to download things on to the SD card off the internet. I think HBL had a homebrew download feature back in the Wii days. Any plans for updating the Wii U HBL to do the same?

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The old wii homebrew launcher could not download files you had to install an app called homebrew browser to the homebrew launcher menu and it worked like every other app did that you had to launch through the homebrew launcher.