Hacking Downgrading to 3.2

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 3.3, and I'm going to go back down to 3.2 right now. And I was wondering, should I uninstall the wads that I have on my Wii. And if I should, I should uninstall them with Wad Manager, right? That's how I installed them. But I didn't know if I should uninstall them through Wad Manager, or if I could simply delete the channel through the Wii.

Also, one more question. When I installed the TP Hack, it was a specific one for 3.3. Will I have to install the TP hack again for 3.2?

Thank you for any info.

EDIT: And I'm trying to use AnyRegion Changer 1.1 to downgrade. But the Homebrew Channel won't recognize the app when I put it on my SD. I tried putting the AnyRegion Changer in my apps folder on my SD, and I tried putting it on the root of my SD. And HBC won't recognize it. And there's nothing on Wiibrew or in the Readme on how to put this on your SD.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wy do you want to go back to 3.2?
im useing 3.3 right now and everything works fin (hbc, backup loader, vc games, wads etc)

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Make a folder inside your apps folder, rename the any region changer to boot.dol or boot.elf and put it inside that folder.

You can add a meta.xml and icon.png if you want, it's not essential though.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much Richy for that. That was driving me absolutely crazy. I did search after search about this and couldn't find out. So thank you.

And erolz, I'm actually thinking about not downgrading now. The only reason I was going to downgrade was so I could recover from a brick if I ever get one(I don't have a chip). My biggest concern was installing a bad wad.

But since making this thread I've installed a few more wads, and everything is fine. I get them from a very good source, and as long as I stick with ntsc or region free wads, I think I'll be ok. So I may just skip the downgrade and just install BootMii when it's released to recover if I ever happen to get a brick.

Thanks again for the help.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats fine, especially if you have a chip.

if you're staying on 3.3, to be safe, you need the newest tp hack, an autoboot copy of Zelda (see "bootme", not "BootMii") and a chip that'll autoboot it, if not, you're stupid not to downgrade. in the end, you have to understand that with bad enough bricks you may still need a savemii dongle on 3.3, and they are currently sold out, I hear.

there is nothing unsafe or a hassle about downgrading, you don't lose any functionality, but 3.3 isnt the most unsafe thing either. just remember you've been warned.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
noobwarrior, thanx for that, i forgot about (bootme)

So if you, semi bricked your wii with a bad bannered wad, would you be able to recover and delete it by auto booting TP with bootme with system menu 3.3?
thats bootme only works for system 3.2 with starfall installed isnt it?*

Also with a semi brick, bad bannners, this just causes you not to be able to go into settings, or doesnt it let you go into channels like homebrew either?

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DespizingU said:
And erolz, I'm actually thinking about not downgrading now. The only reason I was going to downgrade was so I could recover from a brick if I ever get one(I don't have a chip). My biggest concern was installing a bad wad.

ok. i did not knew this...can you please explain to me how i can recover from a brick with 3.2 software? (if possible, step-by-step)
and how to downgrade.
also, when downgrading to 3.2, will all my (official) games like mariokart still work?
thanx!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dj:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110...t&p=1469683

bootme (the autobooting program) works with 3.3, it is NOT a trucha-signed alteration

a bricked 3.3 without TP-hack preinstalled is a FULL BRICK, period.
a bricked 3.3 WITHOUT TP-hack preinstalled is a FULL BRICK, period.

you have a 3.3 WITH TP-hack, you say? well you can:
-get a chip installed ($$$)
-create an autoboot zelda (using bootme, not BootMii)
-autoboot it (if your Wii freezes early enough or your chip is anti-auto you may still need SaveMii Dongle [$$$])
-run whatever homebrew via TP to uninstall offending wads
-be happy

if you downgrade, your options open up,
because with Starfall preinstalled and TP-hack preinstalled, on a 3.2, you are virtually invincible
no chip or savemii needed to unbrick.

TO CLARIFY
3.3 with NO TP-HACK = FULL BRICK no matter WHAT YOU DO
and the even worse news...its gonna stay a full brick, unless some crazy other KIND of exploit is found,
because you are now screwed out of ever running code on the wii again without recreating the NAND with infectus,
or just sending it back to nintendo with hopes of mercy.

BAD BANNERS DO NOT CAUSE A SEMI-BRICK
BANNER BRICK AND SEMI-BRICK ARE DIFFERENT

Banner brick means sysmenu cant load at all
Out Of Region Channels MAY create a semi/settings brick, but Ive never experienced this, and its known to not be a big deal.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
just wondering, just in case i ever come across a problem.

obviously i have system menu 3.3 and always use homebrew channel, so obviously i have the TP hack.

Thanx for your help noobwarrior7!

so will my chip be able to autoboot TP with bootme, as i have basicly the first chip made??

Non Swap / Direct Boot
Boots Own Region WII Backups Directly
Boots Own Region GameCube Backups Directly
Boots Imports GameCube Backups by SWAP
D2B Drive Support and Improved Read Method
Audio Fix
Supports Multi Disc / Multi Games
Easy Soldering & Remove / 5 Wires
Support DVD-R and DVD+R (Burn +R on DVD ROM Book type)
Universal EUROPE/USA/JAPAN Wii Console Supported
Stealth Mode
NOT Upgradeable

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
just wondering, just in case i ever come across a problem.

obviously i have system menu 3.3 and always use homebrew channel, so obviously i have the TP hack.

Thanx for your help noobwarrior7!
It's not necessarily obvious. Some people use the TP hack, install the HBC then delete the TP hack so they can play Zelda.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't keep the TP-hack on there, but only because I am chipped and have starfall and am on 3.2 and play my zelda game.

if you are on 3.3, NEVER install ANY wad without TP-hack installed....or you might as well try to feed your wii some beer.

same goes for if you are an unchipped/unstarfalled below 3.3 user.

NOW, MAYBE there could be a way to FIX BANNER BRICKED 3.3's without TP-HACK if someone did this:

-Case Study: Wii Brick Blocker
what it does: removes update partition on disc isos
trucha-enabled: No
so its good on 3.3: YES

now...take this program, which blanks out a partition's wad.out.wad files
and do some SKILLED reworking....so it can append to the disc ISO some wads to install which are fakesigned (because as we know, wadmanager still works on 3.3, but make no mistake, this is the BIG obstacle)
and you could, in theory, install OVER a poorly created wad, a correct one, with the same title-ID

then....bam....unbricked.

but Im pretty positive wad manager works on 3.3 through its own seperate syscalls...
and the "official" nintendo updater that reads the update partition will fail installing such fakesigned wads.

but so...with a heck of a lot of work....someone could probably make it work,
and that would be an affective 3.3 unbricker.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...I never thought of that. So how exactly do you play Zelda while having the TP Hack on your Wii(which I'll always have)? Or is it not possible, you have to delete the TP Hack to play Zelda?

Also, if you can't have the tp hack on your wii to play zelda, then...I would be safe by throwing the hack on my wii right before I install any wads...right? So as long as I'm not installing a wad it's ok to not have the tp hack on the wii?

And erolz, I hope noobwarrior's post right below yours answered your question.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
Hmmm...I never thought of that. So how exactly do you play Zelda while having the TP Hack on your Wii(which I'll always have)? Or is it not possible, you have to delete the TP Hack to play Zelda?

Also, if you can't have the tp hack on your wii to play zelda, then...I would be safe by throwing the hack on my wii right before I install any wads...right? So as long as I'm not installing a wad it's ok to not have the tp hack on the wii?

And erolz, I hope noobwarrior's post right below yours answered your question.

pretty sure, but not positive, that you can just start a new save slot, since the tp hack only uses 2 of 3, but I could be wrong.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this would work but perhaps you could play Zelda from another region? Not sure if the system will let you have a savegame for each region.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...I"m now at 3.2 with all Starfall hacks installed. So I can now recover incase I ever get a brick. A huge thank you to noobwarrior for helping me through pm's. I really appreciate that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: