Downgrading a N3DSXL on my 9.9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Brownbear1984, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Brownbear1984
    OP

Brownbear1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Hi I was wondering if someone could help with some advice. I recently downgraded a N3DSXL from 10.5 to 9.2 and a O3DSXL from 9.9 to 9.2 for my kids following the guide on github.

I decided to buy a N3DSXL for myself which arrived today. It's on 9.9fw so I followed the instructions for 10.3 and below but I can't for the life of me get sysupdater to kick off the downgrade. I either getting a black screen or "failed to get CIA file info" for the last hour. All the files are in the correct location on the SD (even tried formatting and copying the files again). I don't have cubic ninja or OOT. What are my options for downgrading right now? I could potentially buy OOT but should I upgrade to 10.7 now while the its still exploitable?

2. Brownbear1984
    OP

Brownbear1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    I managed to do it using safesysupdater and recovering from frankenfirmware.

3. SumPersonGuy

SumPersonGuy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2007
    United States
    Launch sysupdater and let it sit for a minute or so without touching it at all, then try to downgrade. I had the same problem and that's what allowed me to run it without it crashing. I heavily recommend AGAINST using safesysupdater, I went that route initially and ended up with frankenfirmware.

4. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
  5. Brownbear1984
    OP

Brownbear1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Thanks for the replies guys. Not sure if you saw my last reply. I managed to downgrade using safesysupdater to a frankenfirmware and then recovered it sorted but thanks again for the replies

DayVeeBoi likes this.