Hacking Downgrading 9.9 to 9.2 (Question)

sora10pls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been looking at older threads about this, but just wanted to be sure about something before going into it.

I've purchased a New 3DS XL for a buddy of mine, and plan on getting A9LH with it (I've modded nearly 17 consoles prior, the rest of the process isn't new to me at all). My only concern is the fact that it came on firmware version 9.9, something I've never downgraded before. I've usually downgraded from 10.3 or 10.7.

Should I downgrade directly from 9.9 to 9.2? Or should I update to 10.3 or 10.7 via sysUpdater, and THEN downgrade to 9.2? Thanks in advance :)

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded from 9.9 to 9.2 a couple of days ago for the first time. I used Plailect's guide and I had no issues going from 9.9 to 9.2. This was on an o3DS mind you. If you're being safe, I would do a format of the system memory before continuing as it is not worth taking any risks.

EDIT: This table shows it has been done.

Last edited by Vinnymac,
Reactions: sora10pls

sora10pls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forgot to post back here after the fact...

Factory 9.9 will 100% have an error in progress.
Do a second-time downgrade to fix it.
This did happen, so I was left with a partial downgrade. Going back into sysUpdater via Oot3dhax continued the rest of the downgrade, and got me to 9.2! The 3DS now has A9LH installed on it.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Reactions: MelonGx

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sure, but you also have browserhax and menuhax which are faster in launching imo since you don't have to start a game

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, but you also have browserhax and menuhax which are faster in launching imo since you don't have to start a game

ya that 3ds is fully hacked now with 11j a9lh. i didnt realize CN ninjax didnt need browser to work.

9.8.0-0J last number is browser ver.

0 means its just dummy stub and is non functional so i couldnt just do browser hax.

Last edited by exdeath255,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night