Double Swap : wtf ? Help

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Ben_j, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008

Double Swap : wtf ? Help by Ben_j at 2:37 AM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Hello everyone who's reading

So I bought a PSX (SCHP 1002 Model C, apparently. So the Audio menu trick doesn't work) today, because I felt like playing FF7 and 9 again. It would be much easier if the goddamn games weren't 60 or 70€ each.
    I heard that you can play backup games without modchip or a swap disc, by swapping like that :

Original => backup
    Backup => original
    Original => Backup

And foud at least 4 different tutos that never give the same moments to swap the discs (plus youtube videos that showed even more different moments to swap), tried everything but couldn't get this damn backup to load. So does someone know the real technique ? [​IMG]

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I heard about this (never tried it though)
    I think you are supposed to switch it when when the PS1 start up logo comes up but you have to make sure the button is pressed when the lid closes and start reading the disk and spinning it

3. Ben_j
    OP

France
    yes I know that, the CD wouldn't spin at all otherwise

4. Ben_j
    OP

France
    I managaed to do the trick ! I think I have to burn backups at 1x speed for them to work

5. MolotovC

Newcomer MolotovC Member

United States
    Tell us the procedure please [​IMG] I still have a PS1 myself I haven't used in years.

btw does TOC size matter ? Because on the ps2 using 'cogswap', the trigger disc had to have a higher TOC than the disc being played when running ps2 cd's. I found this out trying to get the first ps2 lego star wars (ps2 cd game) to run after many many hours and a binfull of wasted discs.

6. Ben_j
    OP

France
    Dunno what the TOC is, and I don't have a PS2 [​IMG]

So it's quite simple actually :
    1) Maintain the lid button pushed with whatever you want (spring, paper with tape to maintain it...)
    2) Put the original on, turn on the console
    3) Wait for the disc to spin at 2x (it will speed up, right at the end of the white Sony Logo)
    4) About 2-3secs after it's gone 2x, swap the disc for the backup
    5) It will speed down, then speed up again for a while... Then it should speed down and the PS logo disapear, swap for the original disc, then swap again after less than 1 seconds. There you go

I can use the audio menu trick too ! (although it doesn't work on many playstations)
    1) Turn on the console, without anything pushing on the lid
    2) Insert original disc, go to the audio menu
    3) Maintain the lid button pushed, the original cd should spin a little, then stop
    4) Swap with backup
    5) Exit the audio menu, the game starts.