Double game icons

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Yourdog, Feb 9, 2013.

Feb 9, 2013

Double game icons by Yourdog at 8:59 AM (515 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Yourdog
    OP

Newcomer Yourdog Newbie

United States
    Hello all I have a PSP 2001 CFW 6.39 pro-c2, I had backed up my psp games, and converted them to .cso, everything works fine with my backups, although I'm getting multiple icons of the same game... Is there any way I could 'hide' these icons, I have been looking for multiple ways of doing this, but I had no luck. I am also having multiple corrupted data icons, and I would also like to either remove those, or bring them to the bottom of my games list.

Sorry its not the best pic, but it shows my problem

Attached Files:

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Are you sure you're not storing both the CSO and the ISO in the same directory? Because that sure as hell shouldn't happen if you don't have multiple files for the same game.

3. Yourdog
    OP

Newcomer Yourdog Newbie

United States
    Hey Foxi4 thanks for helping me :D but to answer your question, no.. I only have the .cso's in the folder. But of course after about 2 hours of looking, and making a post on the forum, I finally found what I was looking for; it was the aLoader. I read up on some other forum that I need to disable it in order to make the extra icons disappear, well I did that and it seems to be working fine. I am just confused I thought I needed the aLoader to run .cso/.iso but even though it is disabled on my PSP, those backup games still work fine; even my PS1 games. Could someone enlighten me on what the aLoader does and how it still works while it is disabled? And I am still having trouble with my corrupt icons, any suggestions?

4. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    I use pspHBsortTool 4.0 to sort the game menu, doesn't seem to be on filetrip but easy to find on google. I used to use PSP content mananager 1.8, but it didnt seem to like either win 7 x64 or my PSP go when I tried it recently (just didnt apply the sort), used to work fine under xp with a psp1000.

You shouldn't have corrupt data icons unless you have dual folder 1.50 homebrew on there, easy to move them to the bottom with that tool though.

Ive never used or looked into aloader, but you dont require any extra apps to run iso/cso on 6.39 PRO CFW. A really quick google seems to suggest it was to allow you to load ISOs directly from the game menu when using older homebrew loaders/custom FWs.

5. Yourdog
    OP

Newcomer Yourdog Newbie

United States
    Hey Count, thanks, for some reason I am not able to see the corrupt data, it seems like it invisible to the program.. any thoughts?

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    What plugins are you running? Disable EVERY SINGLE ONE. Does it still happen? (this used to show up with a-Loader)

7. Kouen Hasuki

Member Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    Maybe try backing up your stick making sure you only have the CSO's format the stick and copy it all back

8. Yourdog
    OP

Newcomer Yourdog Newbie

United States
    ok I will try that when I get home, but wouldnt disabling all the plugins make my games not load?