DOP-Mii Error Code -1, Can't install cIOS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lisalover1, Apr 22, 2015.

1. lisalover1
    OP

lisalover1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    I have been having a lot of trouble trying to install cIOSs on my Wii U's Wii mode lately. It is not an issue for emulators and the like, which I can run through the already-installed homebrew channel, but when I try to run USB loaders, it won't even recognize the drive, where it worked fine on my old Wii. I looked up some guides online, and found some cIOSs that I should try and install. So, I downloaded DOP-Mii and cIOS Installer to try to prep IOS36, and reinstall cIOS 222/249.

However, when actually going into DOP-Mii to install things through the FakeScan method, it gives me this error:
    [​IMG]

This seems to happen whenever I try to install it over ANY IOS. I decided to run a syscheck through the program, and the system crashed, giving me this error, and forcing me to yank the power cord on the system:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas on what to do? When trying to install cIOSs with the Installer, it gives me a -1017 error.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    this should be posted on wii U area, since they use different cIOS stuff.. and installing a wrong one can brick it..

3. lisalover1
    OP

lisalover1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    Should I cross-post it there, too, or delete this post and move it there?

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    report it, asking to move to wiii u section