Don't buy flashcarts from 3ds-flashcart.com

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JediAviator, Jul 30, 2017.

1. JediAviator
    OP

JediAviator Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Ordered a 3 in 1 flash card about a month and a half ago, they gave me a tracking number 2 weeks ago which never worked. Asked for a refund and they told me it's going to be 10-14 days to get my money back. I'm not holding my breath that I'll ever see my money. Just a warning to who ever wanted to buy off this site, I recommend not to.

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Well firstly I would always recommend using the site sponsored nds-card.com. But secondly I used 3ds-flashcart before and never had a problem.

3. ShadowEO

ShadowEO GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Same. Bought my R4i Gold RTS off there and was fine. It takes forever to arrive, but that's not the shop's fault, that's customs. They also use the country's post service, so you can usually expect tracking numbers to not work or not be updated (looking at you Hong Kong Post and USPS).

4. JediAviator
    OP

JediAviator Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Well the shop actually tried to upsell me after buying the cart saying that this product might not work... well then why are you selling it? Really? I know it usually takes about a month to get a cart, but they are pushing 2 months now with a shipping number that isn't working after 3 weeks.

5. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you live in the US it might have been withheld by customs due to being a flashcart device. I've never had that issue, but I have had friends that just never got their product. If that is the case you will eventually get a letter from customs stating so (at least that's what happened to my friend) and will not receive the item.

PokeAcer and ShadowEO like this.
  6. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I used it to buy my ace3ds+ flashcard, and i had no issue. It could have just been an address error or something, just wait for your refund to go through (if it does) before you go and get all negative

7. JediAviator
    OP

JediAviator Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Not expecting anything based off the emails I've been receving from them. I have bought r4i cards, had no problems. But I ordered this at the beginning of June, sounds like they just didn't even have the cart in stock

8. Nigleet

Nigleet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Canada
    Aidsville, Cancerland
    US Customs also has a heavy backlog right now due to Fentanyl being trafficked through parcels coming in from China, so I would consider that in making over-sea orders. I would opt for ePacket shipping if you have that available to you. It is usually only a few dollars more, and it takes the express ticket through customs.

9. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Are you sure the tracking number doesn't work? If it's being sent recorded delivery it will only be trackable in your country once it's arrived there. If it's still in the country of origin it will only show up on that country's tracking system.

17track is a site which checks the tracking number from both origin and destination countries, try putting the number in there and see if you get a result.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  10. JediAviator
    OP

JediAviator Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Yup, used 17track for about 2 weeks now and still nothing. The emails I've received from their customer service are not helpful at all. Basically talking to a 6 year old Chinese kid.

11. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    My everdrive 64 coming in from Ukraine was either untouched by customs or made it through quick, so I guess that is only affecting orders from China.

PokeAcer and JediAviator like this.
  12. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What are your reasons for using an everdrive 64 as opposed to a Wii U? Are there games that don't work on the Wii U or don't play too well? Or is it just the feel of a real N64 controller in your hand that you prefer?

13. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Technically wii u is emulation in the end. Not 100% compatible, not very homebrew friendly. Easier to manage a single SD with rom files instead of either better emulation but installed injects or a worse emulator.
    Then there's the actual n64 hardware such as controllers.
    Plus it's cooler when I modded my funtastic green n64 with leds and have a green cartridge shell to match, and easier for a four player game with people who don't have to relearn how controls are mapped. [​IMG]