Dolphin and real Wii remotes (help!?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dawnbomb, Jun 16, 2017.

1. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    im looking to connect *real* wii remotes i own to dolphin.

on their accessories page https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/recommended-accessories-dolphin/

it shows the following product. https://www.amazon.com/Azio-BTD-V20...sl_pc_ss_mfw?&linkCode=wey&tag=dolphin-emu-20

but its sold out and not comeing back in stock. can someone with experience show me where to shop, maybe add me on skype and help me set up getting something working so i can use my real wii remotes? :)

friend has some RSI so to cure it (yes it can be cured!) hes trying to not use his hand. Opoona is a special wii game that was made to be played with only 1 hand via the nun chuck but being a full on rpg. i could just use it on my wii U but, it always displays things in a weird HD that isn't real HD and not like the original intended wii graphics, and dolphin can just friggin show in like 4k res anyway.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    If you can do a bit of soldering and electronics work, you might want to consider buying an original Wii Bluetooth adapter:
    You'll need to solder a USB connector and/or cable to test points on the board, plus a 3.3V voltage regulator. (Do NOT connect USB +5V directly to the Bluetooth module; that will damage it!)

Alternatively, you could press your luck and try some random $5 Bluetooth adapter on eBay or Amazon.

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I am using my real wii Remotes and it works perfectly fine on my Dolphin with macOS. I used "infrared ray inductor" for dolphin using USB.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Jun 16, 2017
  4. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    i only got it to work on an iMac which had bluetooth.

5. Coolsonickirby

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice