Homebrew Homebrew game Does anyone understand this?

TheMasuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just really need some clarification on this... What I've been trying to do is run the Arcane Dimensions 1.8 mod for Quake on my 3DS, but from the instructions that were provided by MasterFeizz (shouts out to him), my dumbass just really doesn't understand what the first two pictures mean. The only thing I can comprehend is the fact that I need to create a shortcut with launch parameters (Arcane Dimensions = -game ad) ...and that's really it lmao. I have no idea where/how that or any other of the markup language in the example (in the second photo) is supposed to be properly inputted. The third photo is where I'm currently stuck at, and that "ad" folder is the Arcane Dimensions 1.8 mod. If anyone has run Quake mods on the 3DS, I'd really appreciate your imparting of knowledge on how to do so. Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind. After more reading and testing, I completely understand this now. I needed to create a .XML shortcut with launch parameters for ctrQuake. However, I'm now starting to think that some mods likely don't work for Quake on the 3DS. Perhaps I'm speaking too soon, as I've done the correct procedure multiple times for only two mods so far (Arcane Dimensions & Quake 1.5) and they haven't worked.
Post automatically merged:

Update: So, it's confirmed that modern day mods like Arcane Dimensions and Quake 1.5 have too many required files that the 3DS is not able to load in Quake. However, after some searching, I did find one mod that works for Quake on the 3DS though (Soul of Evil). My guess is that most mods from early 2010's are the only ones that can be functional for it.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 23
  • help2.jpg
    help2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 24
  • help3.jpg
    help3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by TheMasuke,

Site & Scene News