Hardware Does anyone know how to hack into a wireless router?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install keystroke logging software on his PC>Reset router>Feign ignorance>Check keystroke logs after he sets it back up>Profit

But the surefire method to get the best access that you can't get kicked out of is to get your own connection.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Someone's got to say it. You're trying to get revenge on a douche by being a bigger douche. Hacking into a router is nothing but stealing, and if he ever checks his logs and finds any unknown devices connecting, he could very easily track you down and get you arrested.

I suggest growing up, manning up and buying a better connection for yourself. Sure it's not free, but the better things in life you simply have to pay for. Try to be more adult about all of this.

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure of ways to do it on windows but I know there are a lot of tutorials on bypassing wep/wpa and what not for most Linux os's. Google is your friend.

Reminder that what you're doing isn't too legal so you're probably going to want something like Tails on a disc with a cheap laptop.

Reactions: GameSystem

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So set up Tails on my laptop and use aircrack to find the password? After I get the password, I just continue to use Tails because it sends its traffic through TOR? Am I covering all my bases?

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns out that the router is so old that it needs a firmware update to use WPS even though it has a button for it. It's still on stock firmware, so I can't use WPS based attacks. I captured the handshake and tried using the rockyou.txt with Kali Linux for a dictionary attack, but the password wasn't in there. I uploaded the .cap file to darkircop, but I'm not expecting any results.

My only hope is to wait for a severe thunderstorm that happens to coincide with a time that my roommate isn't here. If that ever happens, I'll flip the breakers to reset any clocks if he has any, then reset the router, log into it using default password, update firmware to enable WPS, and wait. Hopefully he'll blame the thunderstorm for knocking out his electronics, and he'll set up his router accordingly. However, since WPS is now enabled, I can hack into it at any time.

Either that or just reset his router at any time and disable the password completely. Hopefully his devices will auto connect as long as the SSID is the same and there is no password. It's pretty risky though.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.

Jaggent360

GBATemps very own Punished "Venom" Snake
Trophies
XP
Country
It turns out that the router is so old that it needs a firmware update to use WPS even though it has a button for it. It's still on stock firmware, so I can't use WPS based attacks. I captured the handshake and tried using the rockyou.txt with Kali Linux for a dictionary attack, but the password wasn't in there. I uploaded the .cap file to darkircop, but I'm not expecting any results.

My only hope is to wait for a severe thunderstorm that happens to coincide with a time that my roommate isn't here. If that ever happens, I'll flip the breakers to reset any clocks if he has any, then reset the router, log into it using default password, update firmware to enable WPS, and wait. Hopefully he'll blame the thunderstorm for knocking out his electronics, and he'll set up his router accordingly. However, since WPS is now enabled, I can hack into it at any time.

Either that or just reset his router at any time and disable the password completely. Hopefully his devices will auto connect as long as the SSID is the same and there is no password. It's pretty risky though.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.

YOU SMARTASS WHY DIDNT YOU START THE THREAD IN MARCH?? I WOULD MARRY U FOR THAT BUT STILL THANKS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt