Gaming Does anyone else have problems with Dante's Inferno?

Gerinych

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to play Dante's Inferno on my PSP, but I'm having some problems:
1. When I load the game, it hangs on a black screen for 2 minutes before showing the intro.
2. Sometimes the audio in cutscenes pauses for a second or so, but the video still goes, so they go out of sync.
3. There's this one stage in Greed where you're supposed to ride a monster somewhere and get ambushed, but the enemies never show up and I can't go any farther in the game.

I was thinking that it might be my memory stick, because I used to be able to play Rock Band Unplugged without any lags, but now it has long loading screens and it takes some time for some objects to load when you're actually playing. I tried formatting the stick, but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone got something similar?

I have a phat PSP with 5.50 Gen-D3.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lag for RBU might be coincidental and possibly caused by something you changed on your PSP (CFW, plugins, CPU settings).

Dante's Inferno is a pretty intense game for the PSP so some load lag is expected but it sounds excessive in your case. What brand memory stick do you have?

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, you compresed it as CSO or in ISO format? This is one of the games lagging as HELL (???
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
) in CSO

Gerinych

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure what brand it is, it just says Sony. I'm pretty sure it's real, I got it in Future Shop and thePSP says it has MagicGate.

I'm talking about the uncompressed version, CSO lags even worse, I can't even load a save file, it gets stuck at the loading screen.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Uhh no idea, I just got the iso on my PSP Slim running 5.50 GEn-D3, i'll check, wait

EDIT:- Well, I have faced no lags, till now, the intro came up fine, game plays fine, audio n video in-sync...hmm
Idk if this may be the cause but, its your PSP, PSP Phat has 32mb memory, while Slim has 64mb, maybe thats the reason?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1000 and cr-5400 with 2 Transcend class 6 8G microSDs and I didn't experience any wait before the intro or any lag in game for the test I ran. Admittedly, it wasn't a long test.

You should try to test your MS on someone else's PSP and vice versa if possible to rule out the variables. If you don't know anyone with a CFW PSP then I would get a new card.

Gerinych

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get to a modded PSP before Monday, so I'm gonna have to wait. Also, I got my hands on a US and a Spanish European versions of the game and they both lag the same. I don't know if they lag on that Greed stage, because I haven't gotten that far yet.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On my PSP Slim running 5.50 GEN-D2 (with the pegasus.prx from D3 for playing Dante's Inferno), using an ISO of Dante's Inferno on a 8 gig Lexar stick, everything runs perfectly smooth.

Gerinych

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
On my PSP Slim running 5.50 GEN-D2 (with the pegasus.prx from D3 for playing Dante's Inferno), using an ISO of Dante's Inferno on a 8 gig Lexar stick, everything runs perfectly smooth.
Didn't help. Maybe because it's for D2, but I saw a thread that says you can install it on D3 and get the same results.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine messes up at the first part where you battle death.
Right at the end where your supposed to press circle.
I keep pressing it, but it never works, like it never finishes that part
hate2.gif

jgalloway64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Dante's Inferno on my PSP, but I'm having some problems:
1. When I load the game, it hangs on a black screen for 2 minutes before showing the intro.
2. Sometimes the audio in cutscenes pauses for a second or so, but the video still goes, so they go out of sync.
3. There's this one stage in Greed where you're supposed to ride a monster somewhere and get ambushed, but the enemies never show up and I can't go any farther in the game.

I was thinking that it might be my memory stick, because I used to be able to play Rock Band Unplugged without any lags, but now it has long loading screens and it takes some time for some objects to load when you're actually playing. I tried formatting the stick, but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone got something similar?

I have a phat PSP with 5.50 Gen-D3.

http://yacc.pspgen.com/Yacc_0_4_0_3.zip
i had the same problem, but converted the .cso to an .iso with the program above. Its free to download and simple to use I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -