Homebrew Do wired Xbox 360 controllers work with HIDtoVPAD?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my Wii u to recognize my wired 360 controller. I open up HIDtoVPAD and plug the controller into the front usb port on the wii u and the green light flashes but when I press A nothing happens. Help

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't get my Wii u to recognize my wired 360 controller. I open up HIDtoVPAD and plug the controller into the front usb port on the wii u and the green light flashes but when I press A nothing happens. Help
Do you press the "A" button first on the Wii U Gamepad and after that Xbox controller?
Choose the Wii U Pro controller you want to use.
Press the "A" button on the Gamepad
Then press any button on the Xbox controller

Do you have config controller files on SD Card ?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controllers can be configured via config files which need to placed into the following folder:
sd:/wiiu/controller

More configs
https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs

Ok, I already had the .ini files in sd/wiiu/controller. I went ahead and replaced the xinput.ini on my SD card with the one you linked. It still doesn't work. I downloaded HID Test but it doesn't recognize the 360 controller at all.

I made sure to press 'A' on the gamepad first and then press any button on 360 controller.

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
HIDtoVPAD does NOT work directly with Xbox 360 controllers. In order to use one, you need to download de HIDtoVPAD network client (the instructions are in the original thread, I'm on phone so it's hard to quote or link). Basically, you need to connect the Xbox controller to your PC with the program running, in the same network your Wii U is connected to, and then open HIDtoVPAD; it should then recognize the controller.

So, unless your PC is near your Wii U, or you've got a laptop, using an Xbox 360 controller will prove difficult.

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HIDtoVPAD does NOT work directly with Xbox 360 controllers. In order to use one, you need to download de HIDtoVPAD network client (the instructions are in the original thread, I'm on phone so it's hard to quote or link). Basically, you need to connect the Xbox controller to your PC with the program running, in the same network your Wii U is connected to, and then open HIDtoVPAD; it should then recognize the controller.

So, unless your PC is near your Wii U, or you've got a laptop, using an Xbox 360 controller will prove difficult.

Hmm, I used the network client for my Dual Shock 4 but it had very bad input lag. But the 360 controller is wired so I don't think it will work with the network client.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Controllers can be configured via config files which need to placed into the following folder:
sd:/wiiu/controller

More configs
https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs

Do you know where I can find a dual shock 3 config file? I don't have one and neither does the link.

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Damn, I messed my reply, using a phone is really not ideal.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if the controller is connected through USB or not, what matters is the Input type. Xbox 360 controller uses Xinput, which is not natively supported by HIDtoVPAD as it only works with (you guessed it) HID. The network client converts Xinput to HID, and sends it over the Wii U. That's why some PS3 (and I think PS4) controllers work with the cable and some others don't, as there's models what have both functionalities and go to HID when plugged it, and use Xinput (or some other, propietary input) when connected through Bluetooth.

Last edited by Franciscop98,
Reactions: fmhugo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"