Do I still need a PSTV exploit game?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Wellington2k, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Hello!

I'm a bit unknowledgeable in the PS Vita/TV scene, but I think I get the gist of it.
    So, as of now, the only thing I want to do with my 3.20 PSTV is play PSP and PS1 isos and some emulators. In the future, if Vita dumps can be played, I'll of course want to do that, but here's my question: do I still need one of the exploit games? (I looking at Talkman Travel: Tokyo, specifically) According to the awesome guide on this forum, you don't need an exploit game to use TN-V. If that's the case, I might as well save the $3 and just get a 99 cent PS Mini game.

In short, will I need one of the exploit games for future uses, or will it be just fine to get a cheap 99 cent game and install TN-V on it?

Thanks!

2. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    That's exactly correct; you will only need the cheapest PSP Mini you can get from the PS Store, and it will completely work as a basegame for TN-V. :)
    But be sure you have access to a PS3! This is something that's unfortunately required to activate your PSTV manually (As TN-V, or even any PSP content, on a deactivated PSTV won't work until it gets activated). To activate your PSTV, simply transfer any content from a PS3 to the PSTV and it should automatically activate it, ready for use with PSP content such as TN-V. ^_^

3. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Okay, cool. So, I guess there's no need for exploit games now. Good to know.
    I do have a PS3 handy, but I know for a fact that not all PSP games will transfer (I had about 4 games already purchased and none of them were found by Content Manager). Is there any Mini game that's been used before that for sure works, or just any Mini will?
    You're a great help. Thanks. :yaypsp:

4. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I have Puzzle Scape Mini, and I definitely know that VHBL works with it, but I have never personally tried to put TN-V over it. (Come to think of it now, I don't actually think TN-V supports Minis as its basegame... >.>)

However, the good news is that this guy said that the Echo Chrome PSP demo works perfect with TN-V, so you may not have to spend any money at all. (I'm going to assume he succeffully transferred that demo from a PS3, so everything should go to plan!)

5. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    The Echochrome Demo worked! Thanks so much, man! I've been racking my brain about this for days. You're the best. :)

Voxel likes this.
  6. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    But we still need a PS1 game (Tekken 2, Sports Motorbike 2, XS Moto) to install TN-X, correct?

7. hirvimies

hirvimies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    If I buy a PSTV at low firmware, could I use it to create bubbles or edit my PS Vita on 3.55? Instead of getting a second Vita, I mean.

8. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    That will work totally fine. You can just swap a memory card between a PSTV and a PS Vita that are registered to the same PSN account, so you can make a bubble on the PSTV and (assuming the underlying exploit isn't patched, such as eCFW on 3.57/3.60 firmware) continue to use it on your Vita.

hirvimies likes this.
  9. darksun77
    This message by darksun77 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 18, 2016, Reason: Spam -rp.
    Jul 17, 2016
  10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I'd recommend Superbike 2 over Tekken 2 for the PS1 exploit because you just need to load it and then open, that's it. No need to wait for the opponent to keep hitting you till the time comes to exploit (Tekken 2).

11. darksun77
    This message by darksun77 has been removed from public view by Costello, Jul 18, 2016, Reason: not useful. dont post if you have nothing to say.
    Jul 17, 2016
  12. darksun77
    This message by darksun77 has been removed from public view by Costello, Jul 18, 2016, Reason: not useful. dont post if you have nothing to say.
    Jul 17, 2016