DM/DML shuts down Wii in every possible configuration.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by villadelfia, Jul 20, 2013.

1. villadelfia
    OP

villadelfia Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    Belgium
    I've tried both DM and DML and made sure that my SD card and USB drive are formatted in the way DM/DML expect.

In every of the following situations my wii simply powers down immediately:

- Load an (allegedly) compatible game from SD with DML. With gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load an (allegedly) compatible game from SD with DML. Without gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load an (allegedly) compatible game from USB drive with DM. With gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load an (allegedly) compatible game from USB drive with DM. Without gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load an (allegedly) compatible game from flash drive with DM. With gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load an (allegedly) compatible game from flash drive with DM. Without gamecube retail disc inserted.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel (the google code page says this should work), with USB drive inserted. Using DM.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel, with flash drive inserted. Using DM.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel, without anything inserted. Using DM.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel (the google code page says this should work), with USB drive inserted. Using DML.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel, with flash drive inserted. Using DML.
    - Load a retail disc via the disc channel, without anything inserted. Using DML.

I have checked that my gamecube compatibility is not somehow broken, and indeed, with the stock MIOS installed, they boot just fine.

Since I do not have a USBGecko I have no way to get a debug log, so I am completely in the dark here.

2. luke9511

luke9511 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    United States
    make sure your softmod is full updated using syscheck and mod mii and then make sure your usb is formatted to fat32 with 32k clusters for dios mios, also make sure you have the latest version of which ever usb loader your using and see if that helps