ROM Hack dlc unique id

Legendier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to change the unique id of a dlc file. I have some expeirence changing the unique id of 3ds games but never tried doing it to dlc. I extracted the dlc with hackingtoolkit9ds but found that it could not rebuild the file.
I then tried doing it with ctrtool but the could not extract the main 2 headerncch.bin files.
so does anyone know how to extract and replace the headerncch.bin files

EDIT:
here are the files I was trying to rebuild
file

Last edited by Legendier,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say this will be very helpful, but you can probably change the id through hex editing. I know that, at least with the switch, the title id is near the beginning of the nsp. however, I have no idea if it's read from there. as for your exact question, I don't know. I've never tried decompiling a cia file before.

Legendier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't say this will be very helpful, but you can probably change the id through hex editing. I know that, at least with the switch, the title id is near the beginning of the nsp. however, I have no idea if it's read from there. as for your exact question, I don't know. I've never tried decompiling a cia file before.
it was very helpful, just not for me. I know how to edit the id, just not how to rebuild dlc cia.
3dstool is probably my best bet, but I haven't figured it out just yet.

honestly I'm just glad nobody started bugging me about why I want to edit the id.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it was very helpful, just not for me. I know how to edit the id, just not how to rebuild dlc cia.
3dstool is probably my best bet, but I haven't figured it out just yet.

honestly I'm just glad nobody started bugging me about why I want to edit the id.
Wellllllll. Now that you mention it.... Why are you wanting to edit the id?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol