Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well

lately I have a disk read error with every 2 DVD's i burn ... any idea why this could happen ?

I use the same DVD brand as before only difference is that before i bought 25 in one bundle without dvd cases and now i bough only a 10 dvd bundle with cases

or might this have anything to to with the settings of ImgBurn ? i changed the Buffer size and maybe did something else that is no good, dunno ...

h_2_o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not speak for others but recently i have noticed with modded wii's i've been testing fall into a few categories.

1. a good wii with a good drive
2. a picky wii that is just a pest and only likes 1 type of drive
3. a wii with a crappy drive that does what you are describing. I've been running across more and more of these lately than anything else. i'm even seeing unmodded wii's come to me with dre's on original disks after a little over a years use. answer replace the drive on these and they work great again.

I hope this helps, but i really did not answer your question.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quality of DVD blanks varies form batch to batch. Sometimes even the manufacturar varies. (Verbatim for example can be Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims own brand or something else)
What brand do you use?
Try putting one of your discs that works and one of the ones that dosn't in DVDidentifier and see if it's the same manufacturer.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use Real Quality DVD-R

thanks i will try that DVDidentifier maybe its really a problem with the DVD's ...

-----------

well just cheked it working and non wirking ones are the same ... and weirdly every time the 2nd try works 1st does not ...

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry for double post but ... bump XD ...

any idea why it does only work every 2nd try ? the dvd's are definietly from the same producer and i do nothing different in the 2nd burn than in the 1st ...

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
sorry for double post but ... bump XD ...

any idea why it does only work every 2nd try ? the dvd's are definietly from the same producer and i do nothing different in the 2nd burn than in the 1st ...

Try rebooting your PC in-between in burn and see if you have the same error.

I know it's a long shot, but if it works it may give us another little clue as to what's going on!

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games run flawlessly for me and some give me disc read errors. Its annoying but 2 out 0f 15 games so far is not bad.

So far Spiderman: WOS and Harvey Birdman give me disc read errors after a few mins of playing. Ive tried burning on lower speeds and on 2 different types of media as well as re-installing gamma and the cios, still no luck. I cant complain to much though. At least Tales of Symphonia is working perfectly :-D

111mo111

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello

i had a big problem with disc read errors too. I bought a new dvd writer (the cheapest one here LG GH-20LS/22LS) and burn on verbatim dvd-r with 8x and i had not one error message since that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-