Hacking Disk can not be read

Ryat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii's been having problems reading backups. It can't be the drive because it reads real disks fine. I tried different types of disks (DVD-R, DVD+R, Ridata, Verbatim) but none of them work. All of them used to work before. This is what I did to my Wii in order:

-Updated to 4.0
-Installed HBC
-Installed cIOS rev 14
-Installed Neogamma
-Installed cioscorp (wasn't me. don't even know what version it is)

At this point it worked fine. Then it screwed up.

-Updated something via PES2009 (wasn't me)
-Installed cIOS rev 19
-Installed cIOS 202 and 222 from hermes
-Used waninkoko's updater to get on 4.2
-Installed all the IOS from [http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below] to get rid of corp
-Gave up and installed Darkcorp

The strange thing is that usb loaders work fine. Disks still don't work and says the disk cannot be read, refer to the Wii manual. Can anyone help?

I highly doubt that this is the Cd's problem because all of the Cd's used to work perfectly fine before.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laser getting weak maybe. How old is the wii. IIRC there is more of a strain on the laser for it to read burned disc's than it is to read retail. Also make sure you have whatever priiloader hacks enabled. Also, if you have the "block disc updates" hack enabled, but the IOS that the game requires is not installed then it might give you the same behavior. Try launching the game through GeckoOS and that will install the important IOS that the game needs without screwing up your wii.
This is rather common for people who have just updated the SM but not done the officially IOS's that came out at the time of the update...and there are many times that IOS updates come out but only on disc and not online until a later date. IOS58 comes to mind.

lil_209

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recommend using usb loader. you dont need a big fllash drive, just anything with 4 gig. i never had problem with usb loader

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Try to replace your IOS70 with cIOS70 and use priiloader system menu hacks to
enable [Region Free Everything].

Ryat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
airline38 said:
I have darkcorp, I think that patches 70 too.
QUOTE(EseHomes @ Jul 11 2010, 04:11 AM) laser getting weak maybe. How old is the wii. IIRC there is more of a strain on the laser for it to read burned disc's than it is to read retail. Also make sure you have whatever priiloader hacks enabled. Also, if you have the "block disc updates" hack enabled, but the IOS that the game requires is not installed then it might give you the same behavior. Try launching the game through GeckoOS and that will install the important IOS that the game needs without screwing up your wii.
This is rather common for people who have just updated the SM but not done the officially IOS's that came out at the time of the update...and there are many times that IOS updates come out but only on disc and not online until a later date. IOS58 comes to mind.
I installed all the new IOS wads from here http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below. I think it is the laser dying. It's a pretty old Wii.

Ryat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ryat said:
airline38 said:
I have darkcorp, I think that patches 70 too.
QUOTE(EseHomes @ Jul 11 2010, 04:11 AM) laser getting weak maybe. How old is the wii. IIRC there is more of a strain on the laser for it to read burned disc's than it is to read retail. Also make sure you have whatever priiloader hacks enabled. Also, if you have the "block disc updates" hack enabled, but the IOS that the game requires is not installed then it might give you the same behavior. Try launching the game through GeckoOS and that will install the important IOS that the game needs without screwing up your wii.
I installed all the new IOS wads from here http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below. I think it is the laser dying. It's a pretty old Wii.

Ah, I bought the wii on the summer of 2009. So it's about 2 years old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1