Disgaea 3

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Giangsta, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008

Disgaea 3 by Giangsta at 11:51 AM (1,119 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just received my copy of the english Disgaea 3 and so far the game has been quite fun, my only problem is Mao's voice...i kinda hate it but not as much as to switch over to jap voices.

What do u guys think of the game, no spoilers please [​IMG]

2. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I preordered the Japanese version and clocked about 200 hours on it.

It's the same old Beat story - Unlock Shura - Beat Shura Baal.
    Compared to previous games, it's really easy to level up characters to 9999 AND equipments to 200.
    Equipment level 200 is easily achievable without having to reboot at all. (And even more easily achievable if you choose to reset when getting lower level than expected)

I think Cross Edge looks very promising, since I had a lot of fun with NIS games.

3. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I've read really bad things about it... on IGN. IGN sucks. Those are opinions not reviews. Any good unbiased comments about the game itself?

4. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'll have to pick it up soon, very disappointed they didn't put a bit more effort into the release.

I loved the first one so much, could be bothered with the second for some reason, so I'm luke warm about this one.

5. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I finished the game a few days ago, clocked in about 30 hrs and im gonna try finish off the bonus stuff as well. The game is pretty good, overall its almost as good as the 2nd but the 1st Disgaea is still the best.

The first disgaea is just awesome and the 2nd has a human protagonist which was a bit different but all in all Disgaea 3 is quite entertaining.

6. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I'd like to know how the localizing is. I had fun with the Japanese version, but my girlfriend did not get the humour due to her level of Japanese =P.
    If the localization is really well-done I might pick one up and see if my girlfriend would like it if she can understand what's going on.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I'm so jealous D: I love the Disgaea series, played Disgaea 2 to death. (Like...250+ hrs, which is a lot for me. I usually only play games like...40 hrs. max) This is literally the ONLY reason I would get a PS3 for. If only it was ported for the Wii...that would be a dream come true for me. (And my best friend)

8. choupette

Newcomer choupette Advanced Member

France
    I love the series, but I have two problems with this game :
    1) some graphical overlaping problems
    2) some novelties, but hey, it's basically the same game I played to death twice