1. link42586

OP link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I have the disc to god of war and played half of it with my nephew..and wanted to put the disc up and just play it off the hdd..So I ripped my disc and made it A pkg file and after installing that to hdd when I opened the game up it said it was corrupt and it tried to recover the save and it was unsucessful. Now why would that save not be compatible with technically the exact same game. Does the pkg conversion change something that doesn't make it compatible anymore or did I just get very unlucky?

2. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Did you inject the keystone?

3. link42586

OP link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No I never messed with saves before because I knew they was A hassle. I figured it was the exact same game so why would it be any different. But I lost that save it deleted it. I just knew that taking A save from one profile to another was not easy as dropping it in and using it. But it was my save with technically the same game just pkg now. But that keystone is what I was missing? How would I have even gotten that and transfered it to the other
    "version"?

Last edited by link42586, Jul 29, 2020
  4. link42586

OP link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    One last thing. If I made A dump of A game myself. And just grabbed an update online for it would that work or does it need to be from the same person/dumper? How does all that work cause I can't seem to get anything to work with my dump of the game. No dlc or updates that was backported..Nothing.

5. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You have to tick that option in genp4 to modify and then use keystone gui to insert it to the pkg. then your old saves will work

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - didnt,