Disc Channel can not read back-up DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bmwu14, May 12, 2010.

May 12, 2010
  1. bmwu14
    OP

Newcomer bmwu14 Newbie

United States
    Hi:

I just softmodded my cousin's 3.4U Wii.
    I used Banner Bom and HBC and Wad Manager were installed.

I then used Waninkoko's Safe Upgrade to 4.1U (HBC application) to upgrade to 4.1U.

I next used Pimp My Wii 1.31 to upgrade to 4.2U. However, after I performed this step,
    the disc channel can not recognize the back-up discs (DVD-R) any more. I can only
    start the game through Neogamma.

I am at a loss as to what caused this because the last time I softmodded a Wii was last year
    and I still could use the disc channel even after I used Pimp my Wii application.

Any explanation of this or any pointers on how to get the disc channel back is appreciated.

Thank you.

PS I later found a newer version of Pimp My Wii 1.40 and used it, but still the disc channel
    can not read back up DVD-R's.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    to play backups from the disc channel, use/install "darkcorp"... I don't know if pimpmywii can also do this (I don't think so, but I don't that app so I can't say for sure)

read up on darkcorp before using it, there is a lengthy read me that u should read

3. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    4.2 deletes all homebrew, use DARKCORP like XFlak said

4. cheez203

Member cheez203 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    But before installing darkcorp, try to install bootmii as boot 2 and make a nand backup. Darkcorp messes with your ios's. but its worth it [​IMG]