bmwu14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi:

I just softmodded my cousin's 3.4U Wii.
I used Banner Bom and HBC and Wad Manager were installed.

I then used Waninkoko's Safe Upgrade to 4.1U (HBC application) to upgrade to 4.1U.

I next used Pimp My Wii 1.31 to upgrade to 4.2U. However, after I performed this step,
the disc channel can not recognize the back-up discs (DVD-R) any more. I can only
start the game through Neogamma.

I am at a loss as to what caused this because the last time I softmodded a Wii was last year
and I still could use the disc channel even after I used Pimp my Wii application.

Any explanation of this or any pointers on how to get the disc channel back is appreciated.

Thank you.

PS I later found a newer version of Pimp My Wii 1.40 and used it, but still the disc channel
can not read back up DVD-R's.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
to play backups from the disc channel, use/install "darkcorp"... I don't know if pimpmywii can also do this (I don't think so, but I don't that app so I can't say for sure)

read up on darkcorp before using it, there is a lengthy read me that u should read

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But before installing darkcorp, try to install bootmii as boot 2 and make a nand backup. Darkcorp messes with your ios's. but its worth it
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo