Homebrew Disappearing "DSiWare" icons

onxanthy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I am running B9S on a New 3DS XL with a 128 GB micro SD card. Recently, I have run into a problem with several icons disappearing from the home screen. These icons include DSiWare titles, NDS forwarders, TWiLight Menu++, and Yume Nikki (made from a custom .cia). Exactly nine icons are missing. Only the icons are missing. I can see that these titles are still on my system when I search for them on FBI and Data Management. I have noticed that with the exception of Yume Nikki, all of these other icons are listed under DSiWare in Data Management. I tried copying these titles to the micro SD card and then back onto the system to reinstall them, which would work for the missing icons, but then nine different icons disappear right after that. In the case of Yume Nikki, the game deleted itself from the micro SD card (I am not sure if this is a separate issue). I tried running h2testw to see if it was an issue of my micro SD card, but no issues were found. I have looked at other threads mentioning similar problems, but none of them mention different icons disappearing after the original missing icons are restored. I have around 190/300 icons, with all of them sorted into folders, and 40 GB free on the micro SD card. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited by onxanthy,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think DSiWare is limited to about 40 at a time -- in addition to the overall 300 title limit.

Make sure you don't have more than 40 DSiWare titles and forwarders (which technically are DSiWare).

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo