DIOS MIOS (LITE) Help needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GH0, Aug 2, 2013.

1. GH0
    OP

GH0 Advanced Member

Dec 26, 2008
    United States
    I haven't been in the Wii game for a while, so all of this emulated NAND on SD Card stuff is new to me.

Anyways, I have been trying to get DIOS MIOS (Lite) to work, and right now, I am pretty sure that I took a wrong turn somewhere, because it isn't working correctly.

So today, I recently "re-hacked" my Wii, I used ModMii and went through the process, I believe I choose SNEEK+DI (I say I believe, because both the COPY_TO_USB & COPY_TO_SD have a sneek folder).

So then I went through the process of attempting to install DIOS MIOS (Lite). It is my understanding the Lite is "better" in the sense that it loads from USB so I don't need an SD Card Reader if I want to update it or whatever. Anyways, I formatted the USB Drive (It's a corsair Voyager 8 GB) to 32 KB Aligned, and then did the following:
    1) Place diosmioslite.bin in the X:\SNEEK\ folder
    2) Copied the Title folders to X:\nands\pl_us\title\00000001\00000100\
    3) Used DMToolbox and extracted a game to the USB drive in the games folder.

Now, If I launch neek20 (or whatever launches into the SNEEK), I immediately see a gamecube game in the Disc Loader app. If I go to attempt to play that game through the disc loader application, I am brought back to the original Wii Menu. If I attempt to find that same game in USBLoaderGX V3, I don't see it.

I have the following titles listed in that nands folder:
    00000007.app
    00000008.app
    title.tmd

Is this correct?

I would love some help, as unfortunately, I have no idea what to do at this point. Would it be easier to just set it up on a non-*neek system? Play it through a normal wii system without all this nand nonsense?

My end goal is to be able to play both Wii Backups and Gamecube Backups through the USB Loader GX App Launcher / Icon on the Wii's main system menu.

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    DIOS MIOS Lite is for loading games from the SD card, if you want to load games from USB, then you need regular DIOS MIOS. Also, if you want your emunand on your USB instead of on your SD, then you should use UNEEK+DI instead of SNEEK+DI.

Really though, if all you want is to be able to play GC backups, it would be easier for you to just install DIOS MIOS on your regular NAND, instead of on an emunand.

3. GH0
    OP

GH0 Advanced Member

Dec 26, 2008
    United States
    What would be the best way to remove SNEEK then? Just remove the WAD and any of the configuration files on the SD Card and the USB Drive?

Then remove any wad files with WadManager? Since I don't believe the MultiModManager can uninstall currently installed WAD's unless the files are still on the SD/USB device.

In the case of installing DiosMios then, I should be safe just installing DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad via MMM or any other wad installer, correct?

In this case, I did install the above wad file, but unfortunately, I don't notice any difference. I am still unable to play the game that is loaded onto the USB Drive via USB Loader GX (the latest one hosted on the google code page, I don't see the game listed as an option). Is there another backup loader that might work better, or do I need to perform another function somewhere?

4. Aractus

Aractus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    Canberra
    You can install DIOS MIOS, and it will overwrite DML. Alternatively you can install MIOS v10 and restore your system to default (overwriting DML).

To use DM, however, your games has to be in a folder like this:

usb\\games\game-name [gameid]\game.iso

For instance let's say you had mario kart dd:

(usb drive):\\games\Mario Kart Double Dash!! [GM4E01]\game.iso