DIOS MIOS Corrupting Saves

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LoloLakitu, Feb 18, 2013.

Feb 18, 2013
  1. LoloLakitu
    OP

Member LoloLakitu Shwowow Schogog

Canada
    Today I was booting up Pokemon XD to find out that my save file was corrupted, I tried it again on my gamecube as well as backing it up with gcmm and loading it up in Dolphin and that didn't work either, I also formatted the mc and restoring the save, still no. I have all my saves backed up on an SD so I don't care what gets done with the mc or the ones on it. I just want to know if there is a way to fix it because I don't want to start all over again with Wind Waker as well. Using an official 1019 mc.

2. Geren

Member Geren GBAtemp Regular

El Salvador
    Well, dios mios shouldn't be corrupting anything at all, since it behaves like a gamecube (unless you are playing with NMM, but you say you aren't so.....)

To tell the truth, it sounds like your wii fried you memory card. You can google around the internet and you will find that is quite common to see 1019 official cards get fried because of the different functions the wii adds. The most concrete answer that I found was that leaving your wii in standby (for wiiconnect24) continued to power memory cards until the heat fried them. I had a meory that I used since forever and I hadn't used wiiconnect24 for a looooong time, but it still stopped functioning one day. Maybe that's what happened? Hopefully not...

3. LoloLakitu
    OP

Canada
    The memory card works after formatting, it's just the save file itself that won't work

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Could be a save or game from a different region made it corrupt. (PAL game = NTSC save = corruption)

5. LoloLakitu
    OP

Canada
    I think I played a PAL version of sunshine.

6. nukeboy95

Member nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

United States
    soo its my pal and jpn games do that darn
    anything to do about it?