Dios Mios black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by purelife131, May 22, 2013.

1. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    This is driving me crazy, I would love to get all my gc games onto my usb loader which is a verbatim usb loader and I have tried a ton of stuff to get it to work but I keep getting the same black screen when trying to run kirby air ride or mario party 6. My usb drive is active and fat 32, I use it to run wii backups and it works fine for those, I also tried both 2.9 and 2.8 of dios mios through wiiflow and dios mios booter but all I'm getting is a black screen after pressing on the games in the loader.

2. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    is the hd fat32 32kb clusters? if not then that is your problem

3. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    You can use chdsk to detect the cluster size. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245436

Alternatively, connect the drive to your pc. Open up Notepad and type "hello" (no quotes) and save it to your drive. Right-click on the saved file, click Properties and look at the "Size on Disk". If it says 32kb then your drive should be formatted correctly. Anything else Dios Mios won't work correctly.

4. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    it is 32k clusters though

5. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    Just making sure. What method are you using to load the games on the hard drive?

6. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    i tried both diskex and dmtoolbox, i did the raw setting for dmtoolbox and i dragged the files onto diskex for diskex

7. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    Is your Wii console NTSC? If so are the games you are trying to play all NTSC? The only game I can't play is MGS Twin Snakes and that's a PAL image. Even if I try Force NTSC it just gives me a black screen after the Dios Mios splash. So maybe that's related. Also, what version of d2x cios are you using? Have you tried any other loaders, I use USB Loader GX and it works fine.

8. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    I am using ntsc-u and the games are ntsc-u as well. I havn't tried usb loader gx but ill try it out. when i run the games i don't even get to the dios mios splash, it just turns black. I'm not sure what d2x cios im using either, i'm not sure how I would figure that out.

9. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
  10. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    Also, in USBLGX in the Credits section it will tell you what version of Dios Mios(if any) you currently have. Because if you aren't even getting the splash screen you may have installed it wrong.

11. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    How do you find the gc games in usb loader gx?

12. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    nvm i figured it out, in usblgx credits it says dios mios is installed and i have d2x version 7 and i am still getting the black screen without a dios mios splash after staring gamecube games

edit: I installed the newest d2x v10 and still get black screen no splash

13. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    Does it say Dios Mios 2.9+? Personally I would try reinstalling it, at the minimum you should get the Dios Mios splash screen when launching games. Try reinstalling it using DM for a USB drive or DM Lite for SD. Maybe you installed DM Lite on accident before. So if you don't already have it get WAD Manager 1.7 and use that to install DM (Real NAND version) to slot 236. If this doesn't work then it may simply be that your drive isn't compatible for Gamecube games. Some aren't :(

14. purelife131
    OP

purelife131 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    it did say dios mios 2.9+, but when I installed it I installed it to 249, I don't have an option for slot 236, i think it's a stub or something like that, would installing it to 249 be the problem? Because it did show up in the credits of usblgx.

15. KHANV1CT

KHANV1CT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    I'm not sure. I'm just telling you what I did personally and what worked for me. I installed it IOS236 and everything works fine for me. I think the guide I used installed 236 for me. You can try http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236.

16. OneUp

OneUp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2008
    United States
    I would suggest trying a different USB drive - your drive might be setup wrong or incompatible. DM only installs over the MIOS slot for the real nand version. IOS 249 is your d2x cIOS - you're not installing to slot 249, just using the cIOS in that slot to allow you to install the wad file.