emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think there's really any time for this to get passes. The election coming soon and Mandy's in vital in Labour's election campaign.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
This would also spell the end of file hosting sites such as Megaupload and Rapidshare etc...

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it gets passed before Parliament is dissolved,the chances are that it isn't well written. I'll be honest I haven't actually been up to date on this, but knowing New Labour they should have almost certainly fucked up writing this up somewhere. I wonder how internet providers are going ot cope with this. If somebody fillibuster this or the House of Lords delay this again than it could be ok. All I can really say is this big business on owning government shocker.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well 1 of the nasty clauses are still in it where they have the power to disconnect your inet permanently and even prosecute you, and they want to pass the costs onto the ISP so I guess costs are going to go up. If they find a suspect file sharer they have to pass that info onto the rights holder, which alot of ISP's are not happy with, but talk talk CEO has said he will refuse to pass on details.

IF this bill does pass then I would like to see PC world get fined or somthing because they promote downloading movies and streaming it to the TV as in their adverts

This bill is bad news for everyone its the end of free speech on the inet as we speak.

pitty we couldnt get offshore internet accounts haha

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
“For the first time, Sony and the rest can now go to court and demand that every ISP in the UK blocks YouTube,”

Goodbye YouTube
frown.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
QUOTE said:
“For the first time, Sony and the rest can now go to court and demand that every ISP in the UK blocks YouTube,”

Goodbye YouTube
frown.gif

you could always run a reverse SSH tunnel
wink.gif

always done the trick.

im still guessing a standard proxy would do well, provided its a good one.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even if parliament do, for some reason, adopt such a thing. We stand a second chance in the House of Lords.

So we will be safe at least for a few years, until something like the Hunting Ban happens where they can by-pass the House of Lords but using, is it the Parent Act?

EDIT:

But then look at this
QUOTE said:
Almost four in five people around the world believe that access to the internet is a fundamental right, a poll for the BBC World Service suggests.

The survey - of more than 27,000 adults across 26 countries - found strong support for net access on both sides of the digital divide.

Countries such as Finland and Estonia have already ruled that access is a human right for their citizens.

It may be interesting to some. Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8548190.stm

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(Second box due to confusion with the boxes)

The House of Lords have already rejected the Digital Bill.

QUOTE said:
The government has been defeated in the House of Lords over measures to tackle online piracy after opponents said the plans could hamper digital innovation.

If you like source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8549112.stm

Oh wait... It is not all good though...

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they was defeated about clause 17 which gave many a right to change the copyright law, so now in the lords they changed it so high court can block websites

I did find this todday and is rather worrying
http://newsblog.thecmuwebsite.com/post/Med...ll-make-it.aspx

all labour has to do to get the bill past the commons is to ammend or remove the part the tories dont like, then free speech will go out the door, personally if sites like youtube snotr are blocked from us then it will be a sad sad day. That would mean when my 5yr old son wants to see trains or shuttle lifing off I wont be able to show him.

I was looking into a proxy to get round blocked sites, proxies are soooo slow tho

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
too many laws already,
i dont recognise any of them!

i'll respect the law when the Police start to uphold the TREASON ACT.!!!

carrying out act's that are damaging to the country on behalf of a forougn government or organisation = treason.

well that fit's just about every thing they do!!!

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use ultrasurf or some similar program
the ultrareach program has a solution to the Chinese web block

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol I read on another site they want to target megaupload and rapidshare aswell now, whats next usenet?

I like how they want to dick everyone but when they exploit the expenses system not one of them get done for fraud.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so now this shit is entering wash up, for those people who dont know what it is, its

"It is the term used to describe the negotiations between the parties to decide which bills will survive at the end of the parliamentary session and which will not"

so when this bill enters UK law, shits gonna hit the fan, hopefully riots in london as this has clearly side stepped democracy

Source

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
The holuse (sic) of commons and being like China? A tad dramatic eh - the Internet is not being censored as such, there will however be a crackdown on filesharing.

Comparing a crackdown on filesharing to the type of censorship happening in China shows to me you've not understood the point at all.

I'm against this bill, I believe it is merely locking the stable door after the horse has already bolted. Better and cheaper means to legally acquire digital goods are needed - bundle a certain amount with ISP accounts. Perhaps reward you with x amount of free downloads per concert ticket or album purchased. Provide incentives don't criminalise.

D

Deleted_171835

Wow. That sucks.

Luckily, we don't have laws like that in Canada. Internet censorship is horrible.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KevInChester said:
The holuse (sic) of commons and being like China? A tad dramatic eh - the Internet is not being censored as such, there will however be a crackdown on filesharing.

Comparing a crackdown on filesharing to the type of censorship happening in China shows to me you've not understood the point at all.

I'm against this bill, I believe it is merely locking the stable door after the horse has already bolted. Better and cheaper means to legally acquire digital goods are needed - bundle a certain amount with ISP accounts. Perhaps reward you with x amount of free downloads per concert ticket or album purchased. Provide incentives don't criminalise.

of course it will mean censored internet, some people are suggesting that it will be far worse that chinese censorship, if sites like rapidshare and megaupload youtube and snotr are blocked then that is censorship in itself., Its a crackdown on filesharing but has other impacts too thats where the censorship comes in, I do fully understand it and I am right about this, its just the sleepy british public need to rise up.

so many articles on this on google have a look if you dont believe me, latest was open rights groups demoing in london, and another on april 1st, disonnection of the interent for persitant file sharing and possible court cases.

Censorship

http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/news/lords-di...ck-youtube-5666

found a nice little quote
QUOTEThis isn’t about file sharing or fighting for your right to download dodgy MP3s. It’s about much more than that.

It’s about stopping a law that could bring libel-style censorship to UK ISPs, forcing them to block the next YouTube on copyright owners’ say-so - with no penalties for organisations making misguided or malicious accusations. It’s not hard to imagine politically awkward sites such as Wikileaks ending up on the blocklist too.

It’s about stopping a law that would make cafes and libraries, and anywhere that offers a free Wi-Fi service including your school or college, responsible for their users’ activities, seen in many cases now, which would bring an abrupt end to open Wi-Fi…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2