Hacking Differences in iso file's sizes, problems with WBFS Man.

darklich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I soft modded my Wii with the help of the wonderful tutorials available on the web. Everything went smoothly, and I am using uLoader 1.4 to boot isos from an SD card. I'm loading the isos onto the card with WBFS manager 2.5. The isos are loading fine.

But, some isos don't want to cooperate as well. The isos I do get to work are about 3.5 gb in size, and WBFSM says their "estimated file size" on SD is approx 2.5 gb. However, certain isos are exactly 4.37 gb, when opened in WBFSM their "estimated file size" is under a gig, at about 0.30 gb. These isos wont load at all with uLoader. I don't think they are corrupt isos, as it seems other people have gotten them to work fine.

Why do these isos have such different files sizes? I have no idea, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr.... isos are different sizes because different games are different sizes...

Take PC games for example, do you expect bejeweled to be as large as Resident Evil 5?

darklich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I understand that games are different sizes. But, my main point here is that only certain games are working, and I can't figure out why. I used uLoader to make an iso of Quantum of Solace from the game disc, and it was about 2.3 gb and worked fine. I tried the same with New Super Mario and it was 0.36 gb and the iso didn't work at all. Is under a gig an appropriate size for an iso, and if so is the loader I'm using perhaps not compatible with certain games?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the right size for new super mario bros. Only thing I can tell you is that you are using an out of date cIOS to run the games, or you dumped the games incorrectly.

darklich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I dumped NSMB using the same method as I did another games which plays fine. But, just for some reason the isos that are under a gig won't play with my SD loader.

I don't know which cIOS I am using to load games, or how to find that info. I know I used IOS236 to install uLoader even though IOS249 was recommended. Even after installing cIOS rev 20 I was not able to use 249 to load the .wad for uLoader.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, either an out of date cIOS, or a bad dumped game. May also be the USB loader, try configurable USB loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo