PS1/2 Differences between wLE versions

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What's the difference between wLE 4.43a 41e4ebe and this version? Is the latter more recent? What are their differences? And what about this version, is it official (and if so, as well as the most recent version of the first one I mentioned) unlike this one? Both versions don't even mention the build number.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the difference between wLE 4.43a 41e4ebe and this version? Is the latter more recent? What are their differences? And what about this version, is it official (and so, the most recent version of the first one I mentioned, I guess) unlike this one? Both versions don't even mention the build number.
Read the git description, which tells you what versions there are.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking about wLaunchELF, not wLaunchELF_ISR. Besides, what are commits?
Commits are save changes made to the Git, before they are sent to the repository.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Commits are save changes made to the Git, before they are sent to the repository.

I find it odd that some programs have both versions and commits, especially when the version number stays the same after a new commit is out. Why not just release a new version number without a commit reference when releasing a new version? Does that mean the latest version number of a program should be downloaded even if it stays the same since it will come with the latest commit, even if the last version number which stayed the same was already downloaded (but had the latest commit until then, which had become obsolete meanwhile)? Do GitHub commits only regard changes in the programs' source code or also in the programs' changelog and repository's text, for instance?

EDIT: I read this and it's so confusing. It seems there are even more versions than I thought and there are a lot of uLE forks (the said wLE and wLE_ISR are uLE's forks just like uLE and LbF are LE's).

I have wLE 4.43a 41e4ebe (the latter number regards the commit), which concerns the latest official wLE version, is installed by the latest FMCB installer (0.987) and is obsolete, since even though the latest official wLE version is still 4.43a, the latest commit is c46c88c, which was released yesterday. The 41e4ebe commit was released 14/01/2019. It seems the forks mentioned here have features mine (unofficial Launch ELF v4.43a (yyyy-mm-dd)) doesn't.

EDIT 2: Sometimes, wLE 4.43a is re-released with the same commit like OPL and unlike the latter I can't find a page with all of its versions so I don't know if it has different runs like OPL. This got even more confusing.

EDIT 3: Every time I run wLE 4.43a c46c88c's PS2Net, it always freezes at "Loading NetFS and FTP Server Modules...".

EDIT 4: I'll use wLE_ISR since its latest version's PS2Net works (if not using wle_ISR's NO_NETWORK versions) unlike wLE's. I find it odd wLE 4.43a 41e4ebe's PS2Net works when that wLE version was out in 14/01/2019.

EDIT 5: If running wLE_ISR's BOOT-EXFAT-DS34-MX4SIO version from MC1, changing its IP address in "Network Settings..." and clicking "Save to "mc1:/BOOT/IPCONFIG.DAT", it says "Saved Failed". Also, if running wLE_ISR's BOOT-EXFAT-DS34-MX4SIO version from MC1, assigning a button and clicking "OK", it says "Failed To Save LAUNCHELF.CNF".

EDIT 6: I was told in Reddit that the MX4SIO driver denies access to the MC on MC1 and it's a mandatory side effect. I'll use wLE_ISR's BOOT-EXFAT-DS34 version since it doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol