Hacking Difference between Softmod and Hard modded?

CHUNKYBOWSER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A softmod is installing something on the Wii to make it work differently, like using Bannerbomb to install the Homebrew channel. A hardmod is actually taking apart the Wii and connecting a chip to it to allow you to play burnt-to-disc Wii games.

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know both of those things but let me explain a little further. I bought my modded wii from someone. I never asked what type of modification they made. How do I check?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
mike1984 said:
I know both of those things but let me explain a little further. I bought my modded wii from someone. I never asked what type of modification they made. How do I check?
Are you asking if it is soft-modded or hard-modded?
If so, look and see if the Homebrew Channel has been installed.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't see any channel but you can play backup copy you have a modchip ... take a look a your wii does your wii seem to had be open ?

PS You can softmod your wii even if you have a modchip ... it will be use for loading homebrew , tool , etc...

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if I do have a mod chip, are there any limitations or cautions I should be worried about? Should I not do certain things or is there absolutely no difference in the way I will use my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?