Hacking did i brick my vwii

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my vwii wont launch any of the channels except for the wiiu mode channel.:( is this a brick can i fix it? please help me! will post any specs Tomorrow thanks in advance

:yayu:

please send a copy of your response to [email protected] so i can get it easier

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my wii u vwii is not loading any channels or homebrew even those bought from wii shop channel the only thing that doesn't give me a black screen is " WiiU mode" is this a brick? if so how do i fix it? this happened after i installed ios 58.wad from the official modmii application for pc. is there anything i can do top fix this thanks in advance - nick cullihall

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii u vwii is not loading any channels or homebrew even those bought from wii shop channel the only thing that doesn't give me a black screen is " WiiU mode" is this a brick? if so how do i fix it? this happened after i installed ios 58.wad from the official modmii application for pc. is there anything i can do top fix this thanks in advance - nick cullihall

You installed the wrong version of ios58 dude. I hope you learned a lesson about being more careful and following the correct instructions. It looks like you got lucky this time, the guy in that other thread found a solution. But next time you don't follow instructions, you might brick something.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NicholasCullihal:
I saw another thread where you try to use pimp my wii.... NEVER USE THAT.
It's for Wii, not for WiiU vWii !

Read the sticky thread in the hacking section of the forum, there's one explaining what you can do and what you MUST NOT do.

Do not follow Wii softmod guide on vWii
Do not follow vWii softmod guide on Wii
Wii and vWii are not the same!

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see you posting all over the place asking people to help you fix your vwii, can you try to stick to this thread that you made? You haven't even really said what all you did. Did you get any cIOSes installed to 236, 249 or 250? I saw somewhere you posted that you couldn't figure out how the IndianaPwns hack works so how did you attempt to hack to begin with?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Why "semi" ? He seems to not be able to enter vWii at all...
Well on a vWii, all bricks might as well be full bricks. There is zero brick protection.

However, he doesn't have a real brick at all. He can access Wii mode just fine. He just can't run any channels because he ran Brick My Wii. If he re-installs the vWii IOS's from a NAND backup (which he hopefully made), then everything should run fine.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well on a vWii, all bricks might as well be full bricks. There is zero brick protection.

However, he doesn't have a real brick at all. He can access Wii mode just fine. He just can't run any channels because he ran Brick My Wii. If he re-installs the vWii IOS's from a NAND backup (which he hopefully made), then everything should run fine.
OK, I thought when he was saying he wasn't able to launch any channel that he didn't see them.
But if he isn't able to launch the game channel, how would he launch the game that could get him out of here ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)