did i brick my vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by NicholasCullihal, May 26, 2014.

1. NicholasCullihal
    OP

NicholasCullihal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    my vwii wont launch any of the channels except for the wiiu mode channel.:( is this a brick can i fix it? please help me! will post any specs Tomorrow thanks in advance

:yayu:

please send a copy of your response to nick2010cullihall@gmail.com so i can get it easier

2. NicholasCullihal
    OP

NicholasCullihal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    my wii u vwii is not loading any channels or homebrew even those bought from wii shop channel the only thing that doesn't give me a black screen is " WiiU mode" is this a brick? if so how do i fix it? this happened after i installed ios 58.wad from the official modmii application for pc. is there anything i can do top fix this thanks in advance - nick cullihall

3. kargath

kargath Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2007
    United States
  4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    modmii doesnt cater for wiiu . afaik . So your prolly bricked with installing wii files on a vwii .

5. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    You installed the wrong version of ios58 dude. I hope you learned a lesson about being more careful and following the correct instructions. It looks like you got lucky this time, the guy in that other thread found a solution. But next time you don't follow instructions, you might brick something.

6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    If you dont know what you are doing then dont try it. :)

7. WaryLouka

WaryLouka Official Representative of the SuperCard Team

Banned
    Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    NO RECORDS
    To directly answer the title, you did a semi-brick.

8. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Yea, that seems to be what they call this, a semi-brick. But that is a stupid term. It's like saying semi-pregnant. The correct term should be quasi-bricked.

9. pwsincd
    This message by pwsincd has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 26, 2014
  10. Engleman
    This message by Engleman has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 26, 2014
  11. dario14
    This message by dario14 has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 26, 2014
  12. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Full brick = not useable.
    Semi-brick = limited use.

13. Slartibartfast42
    This message by Slartibartfast42 has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 27, 2014
  14. Kyouhei
    This message by Kyouhei has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 27, 2014
  15. pwsincd
    This message by pwsincd has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 27, 2014
  16. Engleman
    This message by Engleman has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 27, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    May 27, 2014
  17. pwsincd
    May 27, 2014
  18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    NicholasCullihal:
    I saw another thread where you try to use pimp my wii.... NEVER USE THAT.
    It's for Wii, not for WiiU vWii !

Read the sticky thread in the hacking section of the forum, there's one explaining what you can do and what you MUST NOT do.

Do not follow Wii softmod guide on vWii
    Do not follow vWii softmod guide on Wii
    Wii and vWii are not the same!

19. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    I see you posting all over the place asking people to help you fix your vwii, can you try to stick to this thread that you made? You haven't even really said what all you did. Did you get any cIOSes installed to 236, 249 or 250? I saw somewhere you posted that you couldn't figure out how the IndianaPwns hack works so how did you attempt to hack to begin with?

20. TheChield

TheChield Ugly Troll

Jul 10, 2013
    France
    Why "semi" ? He seems to not be able to enter vWii at all...

21. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Well on a vWii, all bricks might as well be full bricks. There is zero brick protection.

However, he doesn't have a real brick at all. He can access Wii mode just fine. He just can't run any channels because he ran Brick My Wii. If he re-installs the vWii IOS's from a NAND backup (which he hopefully made), then everything should run fine.

22. TheChield

TheChield Ugly Troll

Jul 10, 2013
    France
    OK, I thought when he was saying he wasn't able to launch any channel that he didn't see them.
    But if he isn't able to launch the game channel, how would he launch the game that could get him out of here ?

23. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Hopefully not every vIOS was replaced. He'll just have to try some. If nothing else works, he can just wait for an additional vWii update, if one ever comes.