Devolution Questions & Action Replay Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Starkeyj, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Starkeyj
    OP

Starkeyj Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2012
    Hello completely new to all this, im a long time Phantasy Star Online player i was told that Devolution supports the modem so i can finally play online with my wii.

I installed the Homebrew channel and Devolution, i don't understand how i get it to work, can i not just use my disc to play with the Modem Support? or have i got to make a back up?

I just want to put the disc and memory card in and play using the gamecube loader taking advantage of the modem support.

I did download CleanRip also i tried ripping the PSO disc to a SD Card but every time ive tried to rip the disc it says:

"No Seek Complete" or "Unrecovered Read Error"

I also tried to install Action Replay and i used MIOS Patcher every time i open the app it just says:

"Failed to open AR114.dol on SD Card"

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    About Devolution: You have to make a backup. Devolution doesn't [yet? dunno if it's planned, probably not at this point when there are other things to worry about] support retail GC disks, other than to verify them for AP purposes.

3. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    CA
    For Action Replay, you need to make sure you have the dol file from it on your SD card. Since it's all datel's code I can't give you a link but I'm sure it's somewhere. You could also find an Action Replay ISO and extract the dol yourself.