Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_mariomovie5.jpg
QUOTE said:
The actor who voiced Steve Scott in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and played King Koopa in that ill-conceived Super Mario Bros. movie has prostate cancer, the Associated Press reports.

Hopper, now 73, is being treated at the University of Southern California. His manager says the actor is canceling all travel plans to focus on getting better.

Hopper also voiced a couple of other video game characters in games I've never heard of, like Walter Pensky in something called Black Dahlia. Bad video games or not, though, the cancer diagnosis is a real bummer. Especially since I happen to like the Super Mario Bros. movie — and Waterworld, but I'll deny that if you confront me about it in public.

And as a side note, remember that October is National Breast Cancer month. For those of you tempted not to care, 2,000 MEN are expected to be diagnosed with it this year. Scary, huh?
Source

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
oh man
frown.gif
I liked him... (well he's not dead yet!)
he starred in a lot of movies and shows I enjoyed, like 24 (S1), Waterworld, Speed...

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Costello said:
oh man
frown.gif
I liked him... (well he's not dead yet!)
he starred in a lot of movies and shows I enjoyed, like 24 (S1), Waterworld, Speed...
Cancer is far from being a death sentence, especially if it's discovered early. Nobody said it's terminal yet, so it probably isn't ...

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure he'll survive. I don't want to be flippant but prostate cancer if found in it's early stages is much easier treated than say a brain tumour or leukemia.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be a great loss to the film world if it did end up being terminal. Loved him in films since I first saw Easy Rider. The guy has real charisma and presence. Hell, he even made some of the worst films incredibly watchable. Definitely one of my favourite actors of all time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021