Hacking Deleting Wii Messages

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody know how to change/delete the Messages of the Wii System with Homebrew Apps?
Especially the "Today's Play History" Message Board data.

I know, that the title/00000001/00000002/data/cdb.vff contains all Message Board data.
But is it possible to extract special messages like the "Today's Play History" and delete this messages.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm if i had to guess your concerned with ninty being able to see the apps you use and then do something malicious?

WELL just to put your mind at ease IT IS ILLEGAL FOR NINTY TO INSTALL DATA ON YOUR CONSOLE WITHOUT YOU PERSOANALLY ACCEPTIONG THAT INSTALL...so there really isnt shit they can do about it without being in more legal trouble than its worth to them....

But i would imagine doing a nand dump and using DOLPHIN to test your theories might be safer than dickin with the system menu files (but so long as your confident in brick recovery you could use the wii to experiment with that i have bricked COUNTLESS TIMES and recoverd making themes with no prob and i dont even use bootmii so...just preloader)

But if you guys do figure this out i am certain he is not the first and likely not the last to want a app deved that can "clean the nand messages up" i wonder how much data we use up over LONG periods of time (years) with all those messages?!

interesting topic though!~

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papermanzero said:
Does anybody know how to change/delete the Messages of the Wii System with Homebrew Apps?

I know, that the title/00000001/00000002/data/cdb.vff contains all Message Board data.
But is it possible to extract special messages like the "Today's Play History" and delete this messages.

Lemme guess are you a kid who's parents check your history?

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The ninty aspect is one of many.
wink.gif

In General, a Homebrew application which can manage the wii messages would be great.
Especially to backup messages, delete any messages (like the today play history, which cannot be deleted through the normal menu) and to create new messages.

@jazvdb
lol, no.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a format wont get rid of them ive done a format a long wile back and it was all there still

if someone is looking into your wii you could try to skip a year when you play then go back when your done

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
riddle43 said:
a format wont get rid of them ive done a format a long wile back and it was all there still

if someone is looking into your wii you could try to skip a year when you play then go back when your done

That's not the problem. xD
I just wanna know, if some people tried to format, delete etc. messages, to get the experience.

Wiill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or? just use GeckoOS to load the disc based game or VC/WiiWare game to not have a history of it being palyed...

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiill said:
or? just use GeckoOS to load the disc based game or VC/WiiWare game to not have a history of it being palyed...

I could use Triiforce for Nand Games, too.
smile.gif

The thing is to create a new application.

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm not sure but... if you remove Wii's battery it will erase that info, I think that's the simplest way.

Because in order to open up a Wii, you need to remove it and that's something I did like half a year ago, but I can't recall well... try it and tell us how it was.

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got it !
I can change the text and delete the message of the Today's Play History.
Also found out how to reset a day.
Means to delete all played title and create a new Play History.

Thx to Hex Editor, Wiibrew and FSToolbox.
wink.gif

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Eddie_Brock said:
estebangh said:
I'm not sure but... if you remove Wii's battery it will erase that info, I think that's the simplest way.

Regardless of how you go about clearing the Message board, this is definitely NOT the simplest way...

For me it's simple because you don't have to mess with software on the Wii or PC, just a screwdriver once in a while, but anyway he just solve it.

papermanzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Short subscription about formatting the Today's Play History:

Beware!!! It's dangerous to change Nand Files if you don't know what to do!!!
You should also make a backup of your system!!!

Dumping \title00000010000002\data\cdb.vff of the Wii Nand.

Open cbd.vff with a HexEditor.
The first lines are the declaration of numbers, symbols and letters. So don't touch it.
The messages begin at 002A020 (Hex Offset).
Every "Today's Play History" Message begins with Hex Code:
43444246494C45023C0762FBDF3E798A0C000000706C617974696D656C6F6700
(ASCII: CDBFILE.yŠ....playtimelog.)

The following text describes the text content of the message. (Till the total play time)
After that, the next lines gives the titel ID and additional coded Information about the Channel.
The Flag which initialize the text content is:
52 49 5F 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 3E 0E 7E 8A B4 B7 88 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
(Ascii: RI_5.............>.~Š´·ˆ........)

So, you can change the text of the today's play history between the flag and the total playtime.

A Today's Play History has always the same size. Independent how many games, channels you used.
(Length 1800 Byte)

If you change something at the duration of the playtime the Today's play History for this day will reset.

Don't erase a complete message. The message board won't show up the message (cause you deleted it) but the message box shows that you have one message.
After you start/quit a channel and check the message board, no message will appear, too.
So the amount of messages in the message box must be handled elsewhere in the system.

That's the info I got, sofar.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just made a copy of the message board before i ever played anything on the wii (new wii->bannerbomb->nand dump). then you can do whatever you want and when you want to have a clean message board, just slap the new one back in there.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed if i have preloader auto boot the homebrew channel on powerup, whatever i use(usb loader) doesnt show up in history.

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States

Simple, use WiiXplorer.

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States

Simple, use WiiXplorer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo