Deleting which Brawl save help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kirby102, Aug 16, 2008.

Aug 16, 2008
  1. Kirby102
    OP

Member Kirby102 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey, I was just wondering... I'm running out of space... and I want to delete my Brawl save.

But the thing is... I have two: one US, and one PAL [​IMG] I don't play the US version anymore, but I can't seem to distinguish between which save is the US version in the Wii Menu Save Management system [​IMG]

Would there be anyway that I could tell between these two, as I don't want to resort to guessing and deleting the wrong save [​IMG]

Thanks tempers [​IMG]

2. 2short

Member 2short GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    copy one of the saves to your sd card. delete the one you've copied from your wii memory. boot up PAL SSBB... check if it's the right one you've deleted, if it is, good for you. if it's the wrong one you've deleted, copy it back from the sd card, and delete the other one. simple as that :-)

3. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    You can't copy the Brawl save to an SD card because it has online.

4. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Isn't there a save extractor? Well extract one, if you extraced RSBE(or what ever, then delete that one from your system. If you got RSBP, then don't delete the one you extracted. Got that? [​IMG]

5. 2short

Member 2short GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    that's what I meant.

6. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    I personally would extract both with the save extractor, delete one from the Wii, see if it was the correct one. If yes, good, if not delete the other one as well and reinstall the correct with save installer.

That said, Wii Saves are generally ordered by first time the disc was inserted, in inverted order. The save to the far right bottom on the last page is the earliest created, the one on the top-left on the first is the newest one. This is not completely correct, as the Wii "blocks" some saves (1 block for VC game saves, 1 for disc-only game saves, 1 for disc-and-installable-channel games, etc.), but should give you a general idea of what to look for.