Deadly Creatures???

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by t0eta66er, Oct 2, 2015.

1. t0eta66er
    OP

t0eta66er Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    Just recently updated to d2x v10, slots 249, 250, base 56 and 57 respectively. Also usb loader gx 3.0. Says game needs a disc to play, still doesn't work, also never worked on the old rev20b stuff. All the information I've come across doesn't help me out any. I load game, and screen goes black for 5 to 7 seconds and I get kicked out to wii menu. Also happens with the Simpsons game and thor god of thunder. I also noticed that my .wbfs file for game is around 4.1 gb and the others I've seen archived on the net says it 3.95 gb. Could that have something to do with it. Hope yall can help, thanks.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Do not care about what other user's wbfs size is. It could be different than yours for different reasons (different HDD sector size, different dump option (partition removed or not), etc.)

wbfs contains only the game's data.
    if the game is small, you'll have a small .wbfs file
    if the game's data is bigger than 4GB, the wbfs file will be split in two to be able to store the game on a FAT32 partition. (unless you use WBFS partition instead of FAT32 or NTFS partition)

WBFS partition are not recommended, as games are often corrupted and result in ... black screen, return to system menu, etc.

Return to system menu is also a symptom of either :
    wrong cIOS slot selected
    wrong IOS installed in selected slot
    HDD not compatible or not enough power, resulting in the console not finding the partition and the game ISO.

What I recommend :
    1. verify you really have d2x v10 (beta52, not beta53) installed, with base 56 in slot249
    2. verify USBLoaderGX is using slot249 for the game. (in the global settings, and in the individual settings) or reset all settings.
    3. try another USB device
    4. verify your ISO (use WiiBackupManager > Sha1 option)