Hacking DATABASE BACKUP PLEASE HELP

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I MAKE A MISTAKE IN LEEFUL V10 - I PRESS DATABASE BACKUP AND FIND NOTES :DATABASE BACKUP CREATED IN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL HDD : WHAT THAT MEEN - I AFRAID OF WHEN I RESTART MY PS4 WIL MAKE DATABASE RESTORE AUTOMATICALLY BECAUSE DATABASE BACKUP CREATED IN INTERNAL HDD AND MY GAMES WILL HIDE AND WILL ANY ERRORS . PLEASE ANY ANSWER

Last edited by icqlancer,

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That doesn't harm anything. ;)
Backup to internal message mean that your USB stick wasn't recognized.
Just re-do it with a connected usb storage stick...

It does not mean that your games are gone if you reboot ;)
It won't restore anything, until you boot the DB-restore payload...

Reactions: icqlancer

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

I ALREADY do it with a connected usb storage stick.- AND ALREADY CREATED BACKAP DATABAE FILE - WHAT MEEN BACKUP CREATED IN INTERNAL

Last edited by icqlancer,

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats fine. You can leave the internal backup alone.
In case you decide to restore the DB in the future, just make sure that your usb storage is connected and recognized in the settings. Then the DB restore payload will use the usb one.

Reactions: icqlancer

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its perfectly safe and normal. Theres nothing to worry about.
All it means is that you have a ''copy' of your database files. If something ever goes wrong with your PS4 in the future you can safely restore this backup/copy to get your games back on the home screen.

In fact you should run the database backup every week or every time you install or delete a game so that you always have a backup of your PS4's database.

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Its perfectly safe and normal. Theres nothing to worry about.
All it means is that you have a ''copy' of your database files. If something ever goes wrong with your PS4 in the future you can safely restore this backup/copy to get your games back on the home screen.

In fact you should run the database backup every week or every time you install or delete a game so that you always have a backup of your PS4's database.

in the future you can safely restore this backup/copy to get your games back on the home screen.:- EVEN IF SYMLINKS GAMES (ABB2USB)

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in the future you can safely restore this backup/copy to get your games back on the home screen.:- EVEN IF SYMLINKS GAMES (ABB2USB)
Yes, but remember it is only a "database" backup. It wont work if you initialize your PS4.

If your PS4 ever forces a database rebuild it will remove any fake pkgs from your homescreen. Restoring this backup will fix that.

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yes, but remember it is only a "database" backup. It wont work if you initialize your PS4.

If your PS4 ever forces a database rebuild it will remove any fake pkgs from your homescreen. Restoring this backup will fix that.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU ARE THE BEST : EXCUSE ME - WHAT ABOUT AVATER BACKUP - WHAT DOES IT MEAN

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avatar backup won't affect games appearing on the home menu. you only need the app.db for that. I was encountering some sort of error with final fantasy vii, so I backed up my app.db, rebuilt the database, then transferred the app.db back over. everything is now fixed. just make sure you keep that file safe. the addcont.db may be important for dlc as well. I'm not sure if that disappears when you rebuild the database. saves are fine and notification.db can be deleted to remove any trace of installing misnamed pkgs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think addcont is safe from what I remember, because I think I still had the theme I was using when I got back to the home screen. that's in mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt from what I remember. themes are considered dlc.

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
please help > my games on external hdd (abb2usb) disappeared : and i made the steps > finally the games restored but when i start any game give me error ce-32930-7 are there any solution please without reinstall all games again (i have 450) 😪

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help > my games on external hdd (abb2usb) disappeared : and i made the steps > finally the games restored but when i start any game give me error ce-32930-7 are there any solution please without reinstall all games again (i have 450) 😪
never used app2usb, but afaik, it creates a symlink between the internal hdd, so you may be able to get the games back by using the python script for the internal hdd. don't know for sure if it will work. if you had done extended storage, the games would work by being repopulated by hen.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If symlink is broken you would need to reinstall the games even though the fpkg data is on the external drive, should have use extended format instead of app2usb.

icqlancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
If symlink is broken you would need to reinstall the games even though the fpkg data is on the external drive, should have use extended format instead of app2usb.
ABB2USB GIVE ME OPTION TO keep PKGS IN EXTERNAL HDD > I NEED THIS OPTION >BUT EXTENDED STOREGE BLOCK PKGS IN EXTERNAL HDD > I WANNA SHARE GAMES WHIS MY FRIENDS AND IN THE SAME TIME PLAY ALL MY GAMES FROM EXTERNAL HDD > ARE THERE AND FIX FOR THAT ? THANKS

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ABB2USB GIVE ME OPTION TO keep PKGS IN EXTERNAL HDD > I NEED THIS OPTION >BUT EXTENDED STOREGE BLOCK PKGS IN EXTERNAL HDD > I WANNA SHARE GAMES WHIS MY FRIENDS AND IN THE SAME TIME PLAY ALL MY GAMES FROM EXTERNAL HDD > ARE THERE AND FIX FOR THAT ? THANKS

Probably have to reinstall if the symlink is broken, you may as well move to extended format. Also don't write in cap here it is fucking rude to write in cap.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you can dump the packages from the system with extended storage or internal. they;re identical to what you installed, so you can share them with friends if you want. it's just slightly more work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y