Data-only on Samsung Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android' started by Duckthom, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Duckthom
    OP

Duckthom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    Groningen
    Hello,

I have a question, is it possible to use a data-only plan on the SGS2 because I almost never call or use SMS. But if I have to receive an SMS, for ie. password recovery, is that still possible? I already looked something up but I couldn't find a simple yes or no. So maybe I can get a good answer here.

Thanks,
    DuckThom

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    How should we know?
    ask your service provider

3. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Own a SGSII? Got a data only sim? Put the data-only SIM in your phone, hide the messaging and phone apps somewhere so you won't get charged for using them, and you're good.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    In the UK it's easy - just get a t-mobile PAYG mSIM, stick it in, top up £20 and text "6MONTHWEB" to 441. That will give you 6 months of unlimited (5GB fair usage, no overuse fee) data for £20.​
    For France... I've no idea. If you find out, let us know since I'm going to France again in August and international data costs a fortune.
    EDIT: Never mind that, I mistook the flag. Again, for the Netherlands, I've no idea what the local tariffs and data plans are, so you'll have to either visit a local phone dealer or look online for the cheapest data plan.​

5. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 5, 2009
    United States
    you can, data only sim is basically a sim card that is not supposed to message or make call , just put it on your phone and you can do whatever the data sim allows you too