CycloDS usb adapter problem?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by InuYasha, Oct 3, 2009.

Oct 3, 2009

CycloDS usb adapter problem? by InuYasha at 12:04 AM (1,360 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. InuYasha
    OP

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    For the heck of it I decided to give it a try today instead of using my R4 to transfer files,but my computer wouldn't let me into the drive with the cyclods adapter even after I installed drivers after it popped up,is the usb adapter bad for the cyclo? as long as it works I have no problem using my R4 one,but for the record its a 2gb kingston memory card I was using so maybe that has something to do with it.....

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Well the USB adapters that come with flashcarts aren't exactly high quality stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if yours is defective.

3. baffle-boy

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i never had any problems with the usb adapter that came with my cyclo, however as chrono_tata said, the adapters that come with flashcarts are generally crap. you might be able to get it replaced depending on when you ordered the cyclo and who you ordered from.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you have either a blue or black transparent one, then it's crap.
    If you have a silver one with a black cap, it's very good.

5. InuYasha
    OP

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Yeah its the clear plastic one, so its crap then,i'll just use my R4 one then I guess...also instead of making a new topic i'll just ask here,does the micro sd slot ever losen up alittle bit? the micro sd card is a bit of a pain to get out when I need to transfer files,other then that I love my new cyclo.....

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes it will loosen up over time. The people here have dubbed it "flash cart virginity" or something like that.